10 - A Glimpse Into The Glaring Man's Past

Ace Wilder's POV

Rory was seemingly to be in a bad mood although he did have sort of a handsome face even while looking that frustrated. Though he looked upset I knew that sort of assumption wasn't credible from me since I've rarely seen or talked with him to know that much. I knew nothing of any the guys here which did feel rather uneasy and make me anxious, yet I couldn't deny my comfortability was a bit more than I would have thought despite not necessarily knowing or wanting to be in a dorm room with other people. I secretly tried peaking up once again through my dark messy strands of hair, wondering if it was clear to walk past Rory and his bed to the bathroom. It was a sickening feeling of my stomach aching and heart wrenching from the mere thought of doing something that would be so simple.

My mouth dried completely and my eyes tingled as I held back my anxiety laced tears. I take a deep breath, my eyes closed as I unconsciously leaned my head back. Unaware to the fact that my hair had brushed out away from my face, my eyes fluttering closed as I felt nauseous from the constant turmoil that was my mind and anxiety.

"You know, you're actually quite the looker." A familiar voice spoke, it was Jasper's playful and friendly tone as my eyes flicker open and widened as I him looking at me. Although not only him, Nic was gazing at me with curiosity and Rory was looking at me with an increasingly annoyed facial expression. Worse than before even.

My breath hitched and all the saliva in my mouth rushed down my throat, before I embarrassingly started in a fit of coughs. I hunched myself over, coughing into my hand as I hear Jasper gasp and frantically asking me if I were alright before placing a hand on my back. I flinched but it was also soothing, it came to a stop not long after.

Rubbing my teary eyes while my voice escapes me softly yet shakily, "I... I'm sorry.. and thank you..." The room grew silent, making me wonder if saying that much in front of multiple people was the right thing to do or if I should keep my distance like planned, to act like a measly ghost of a person in this dorm. My cold hands were shaking and fidgeting together. I wanted friends, ones that can understand me but I was holding myself back from that.

My head was still leaned down as I stood upright, I probably looked like a shakily chihuahua as I grabbed my mitt and cap, putting it on to hide my face. Something I find that helps my anxiety slightly. I went into the dorm's bathroom quietly and brushed my teeth.

I noticed some movement in the room, my cheeks lightly blushed in embarrassment as I remembered my coughing fit. I groan out quietly, cringing at myself as I try to rid the memory yet it still stays printed in my mind making me shake with cringe over and over again while I just wish to forget it. Leaving the bathroom, my hand was holding onto my untucked uniform over shirt, playing with the fabric as I see that Rory had left. It was probably the movement from either I heard, I looked around and saw Nic beside Jasper seemingly waiting for me.

"You're new so it's our duty to get you to the place you need to go." Jasper's voice was so booming and energetic that I was positive that anyone can hear it, even from outside the dormitory. I nodded slowly, behind the little comfort of my cap, knowing that since they're taller than me means that looking down at me, they can't see my expression. I tucked in my shirt as I walked a bit closer to the pair, looking over to Rory's bed. Jasper mumbled out, noticing my gaze towards the bed. "Rory left, don't worry too much of him. He's a bit.... difficult."

"H.. how... how come?" My voice broke out before I could even think of why I even wanted to know about him, awkwardly in a quiet and in a stuttering tone. I couldn't help that my curiosity was piqued from Jasper's words about Rory, but my throat was holding me back from asking specific questions and too many questions. My mind races with them as I stay silent, now facing his direction. My head was spinning from talking too much already, my dry lips relentlessly being licked and bit the dry pealing skin as if it was some fine dinner that I was munching on instead.

"He is on probation from playing... but he's so good they don't kick him out or anything. He was dating his pitcher before but it just was a mess." Jasper gossiped in a soft and secretive voice, as if it was a matter that wasn't to be spoken out loud. I was taken aback about him dating his pitcher, I wasn't expecting to be told such personal details and part of me felt guilty and nervous from knowing it when I am not even close or at least talking basis with him yet. "That pitcher was good but he never listened, not to Rory's signs or commands. Just willy nilly pitching, my guess is he doesn't like being the one not in control. I don't know but we better go or we'll be late."