26

Watching less and less men entered through the gates, Jennie's throat tightened...

For the first time, Jennie felt that war was so cruel.

Just as she was planning to return and send a shadow moon to search instead, Jennie suddenly caught sight of a familiar figure.

Covered in blood, Lisa was helped in by a soldier with tanned skin. LIsa's footsteps were unsteady, and she was almost leaning half of her body on that soldier.

There was a big, bulky guy next to her, who was also covered in blood. He was carrying another blood-covered person on his back.

The four of them walked in slowly. 

Jennie found that there were more blood and grime on them than any of the others!

These four people were indeed Lisa, Muichiro, Gyomei, and Jackson.

What happened was, Jackson had been accidentally knocked down by a Hun's horse while he was charging, and his leg was trampled on. 

If Lisa hadn't arrived in time with Gyomei and the others, Jackson might have met a much worse fate.

Delayed by Jackson's broken leg, Lisa's group of four were surrounded by Huns!

Seeing the dire situation, Jackson shouted for Lisa to leave with the others. 

Ignoring him, Lisa made Gyomei carry Jackson since he was the tallest, then the three of them stood back-to-back in a triangle, keeping Jackson in the center. 

As long as none of them died, Jackson would be fine.

Leaving their backs to each other, the trio fought when they had to, and retreated when they could. They somehow managed to slash their way out of an encirclement of Huns. 

Despite looking like a mess, all four of them still made it back alive in the end.

Lisa's face was full of blood and grime, but Jennie still recognized her in one look.

"Doctor! Doctor!" Muichiro yelled loudly. 

Hearing that, Jennie realized that Lisa was having trouble standing, and Jennie's heart seized. She began to walk towards Lisa, her feet having a mind of its own...

"How was he?"

"Your highness..."

"You've all had a hard battle, there's no need to bother with formalities. Are there any injuries?"

Jennie was asking Muichiro, but her eyes were looking over Lisa. 

Lisa's legs were nearly giving out at the moment, and she wouldn't be leaning on Muichiro if she had any energy to stand— she had no energy left to answer Jennie's question at all.

"Your highness, Gyomei and I have nothing much, it's all minor injuries. But Pioneer Commander's leg was trampled by a horse, it might become a long term problem if it's not treated in time. Our battalion commander was slashed in the arm, and it's quite deep. He lost a lot of blood on the way back..."

Jennie looked back at the military doctors who had their hands full treating the injured, then she said: "I think the military doctors here might not have time to spare. I brought two female doctors with me when I left the palace, you four should come with me."

Muichiro and Gyomei's faces lit up. 

One carrying Jackson, and one carefully supporting Lisa, they followed after Jennie ...

Jennie led the blood-covered group towards her tent. 

By this point, Jackson was almost unconscious, and Lisa was hardly any better.