Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

You awoke to the sun beaming on your face through the small window in your cell. You screwed your eyes shut, pulling the thin blanket over them, trying to preserve any little sleep you had left. But after a few moments, you remembered where you were and shot up.

"Fuck!" You huffed to yourself, disappointed that last night hadn't been a dream. With the crazy dreams you'd been having recently, you were partially convinced it had been.

You looked at the cuffs that were wrapped around your wrists, pulling on them slightly. You could feel your weakened magic attempt to fight against the cuffs, but it wasn't enough.

"Shit, shit, shit!" You mumbled, as you looked around the cell. In brighter light it was easier to see the dungeon. It was small, no doubt because it was rarely used. There were only a handful of cells and they were all empty besides yours.

Suddenly, you heard the door on the far wall unlock, and watched as Clarissa and four wolf guards entered.

"Clarissa, I swear I didn't do this! Please!" you begged, as she magically undid the lock.

She glared at you as the wolves entered the cell. "I want to believe you. Trust me I do. But Sophie gave us first hand evidence of your plans. Had they succeeded, they would've hurt quite a lot of people. I cannot overlook that."

You drug your feet as much as you could as the wolves surrounded you and pushed you out of the cell. You could feel your anger rising. Whoever was possessing Clarissa clearly had something against you; but you were determined to get through to her.

"Clarissa...if I wanted to hurt anyone here, I would have done so already." You pleaded as she led the wolves toward the stairs to the main hall. "Please, you have to believe me. You're being mind controlled to think I'm behind this! I can prove it, just let me go!"

You begged and pleaded all the way up to the main hall. The entirety of both schools sat in the stands, awaiting your trial anxiously. Sophie, Agatha, Tedros, and the rest of their group stood with Pollux and the remaining wolf guards. They all looked the same; emotionless. It was eerie to see them this way, and confirmed your suspicion that they too must be mind controlled.

The wolves chained your cuffs to a bolt in the floor, which forced you to kneel about ten feet in front of Dovey. The teachers and students in the stands were stirring, but with the amount of tension in the room, no one dared speak too loudly.

"Y/N of Avalon," Clarissa spoke loudly, her voice booming throughout the room. "You are charged with using spells against students and faculty, kidnapping a student, and planning a mass mind control of the entire school. How do you plead?"

You pulled on the chains that bound your cuffs to the floor. "Not guilty! Please, allow me to speak on my behalf!"

Clarissa stood still for a moment, then nodded.

"I am not the monster you all believe me to be; though I have been hiding something from you since I arrived. I admit, it was foolish to keep it from you, but I was warned many years ago of the consequences that could ensue if this secret was revealed."

You inhaled deeply and let out a soft sigh. "I could not have done these terrible things you charge me for. Not because I am incapable, but because I am not as evil as you believe me to be. When I attended school here, I did not just attend the School for Evil...I also attended the School for Good. My twin was a ruse, developed by Storian and the Headmasters to conceal the fact that I possessed both ever and never magic. And although you have only seen me use my dark magic, I can assure you that is only one half of my soul. I am also an ever; and I would never commit such horrid acts towards the school or its students."