The New Generation

As Brenda gets rich together with her husband Carlo, they had a daughter named Verlyn Montefalco. She grew up with a high class wealthy family. She study into a high class university and a driver fetch her everyday with a luxury sports car. Verlyn got a lots of friends and became the most popular student of the campus.
Meanwhile on the Oxford family, Marco found a job as a human resources manager and Gina still a grade six teacher as her profession. Zach grew up in a middle class family who work every single day. he graduates high school but sad to say he didn't continued studying on college because one day his parents retired on their jobs as they gets older. Although, his mother can get a benefits with her profession as a teacher, Zach still need to work to support their daily needs and expenses. He worked on fast food chain as a waiter and soon become a cashier.
Until one day, Verlyn and her friends are going for a dinner in a fast food chain where Zach is working. Verlyn asked Zach to bring her order into their table because she won't lift it. And although it's no longer part of his job as a cashier, he still obey the customer's request and thanked Verlyn with a smile. Verlyn smiled back at him but he asked for a tip so Verlyn gave him a twenty peso bill and he accepted this but he whispered himself "Such a stingy bratty girl" Verlyn heard him so she stand and said "What did you said?! Here's another one thousand pesos for your attitude!" Zach apologized to her and just walked away without accepting her offer additional one thousand pesos. Zach was scold from his manager because of what happened and he promised that it will never happen again.
Verlyn and her friends are going out of the fast food chain when there are thieves stole her car and drove very fast. Verlyn screamed and asked for help. Zach responded. He left his job to ride a motorcycle and chase the thieves. He goes to another street to meet them across their way. He blocked the street and when the thieves reversed backward the cops are on the other way so they have no way to escape. Because of Zach's bravery, the cops captured the thieves who stole Verlyn's car. Verlyn thanked Zach for what happened and apologized about the scene in the fast food chain. Zach forgiven Verlyn and he take them home to make sure they are safe. He takes Verlyn's friends to their home first and when there were only Zach and Verlyn on the car, Zach drove a little bit slower to talked to Verlyn and they shared stories with each other. Verlyn looked closer on Zach's face while he is driving and she saw that Zach is a very happy person because he always smile what ever will happen. She asked "Beside of working, what do you do for a living?" and Zach explain to Verlyn "Nothing... I just need to worked hard to support our daily needs. My mom was a retired teacher on elementary and my father used to work as a manager and supervisor in some of the company like ice tube plant and some manpower agencies but he also retired so I have to work to support my self as I grew up." Verlyn can't understand what is Zach talking about because she didn't experienced to work and even her on the job training on her college course was paid by her father but there is one thing Verlyn said to Zach. "I want to experience what others do. Like working everyday and get paid by their own hardships." Zach did not replied and they get on Verlyn's home. Suddenly the heavy rain falls from the sky and Zach have nothing to ride. Verlyn gets inside her home. Her father asked about Zach "Who is he?" he said. "He is the one who saved my car it was stolen by thieves on the parking lot." Verlyn answered "can he gets home then it is raining?" her father asked again. Verlyn looked outside and she saw Zach on his umbrella waiting for a ride. She called him "Hey!!! Come here it is raining there is no trycicle to ride." Zach looked back and raised his hand means don't mind him but Verlyn goes out and fetch him. "spend the night here first and go home tomorrow." Verlyn said and she give Zach the guess room. In the middle of the night, Verlyn went to the guess room to see how Zach sleeps he did not locked his room so she saw him sleeping. Verlyn stare at Zach for couple of minutes and bites her lips when suddenly Zach moved to change his sleeping position, Verlyn closed the door and it's sounds made Zach awake. He opened the door to check if someone is knocking and he saw Verlyn going back upstairs. "You stare at me huh? I knew it you have a crush on me hahahaha" Zach joked her "What? No I don't like boys I want girls!" Verlyn replied "Come over here and I will let you meet my girlfriends." Zach said and Verlyn felt some jealous about it so she come to Zach to talk about what he said. "So you have already a girl?" she asked Zach "Yeah they are my friends. Ofcourse, we all have different kinds of friend like girl, boy, gay or lesbian." Zach answered "Nahh!! Reason..." Verlyn said "Look at my childhood friend she is very beautiful she looks like a fairy." Zach said and showed the picture of his classmate on his phone. Then Verlyn felt a heavy jealous about it so she said that Zach's classmate is not pretty as he said. Zach laughed at her and told her that she is jealous and then she just laughed back at Zach and said that she is going to sleep. But Zach denied everything he said and just say that they are only from the internet. Verlyn said "Goodnight sweet dreams!" then Zach asked for a goodnight kiss because he can't sleep then Verlyn showed her fist means that if Zach can't sleep, then she gonna punch him.
On the next day, Verlyn woke up at eight o' clock in the morning and found that Zach was no longer in the guess room. She felt a little sadness and she picked up her phone trying to search Zach's social media account but she was disappointed because she did not know what is Zach's last name. She try to look for people you may know but she still can't see Zach's profile. She wanna see him again and there is no other way but to go to the chain again. She drove her car but the traffic is too heavy. She left her car and walked through to see where the traffic ends. Suddenly a motorcycle squealed through cars stoped behind her and honked. "What are you crazy? You see the traffic?!!" angry said Verlyn. "Get into your car or get into my ride?" the rider asked "I will get into my car crazy!" Verlyn replied when the rider removes his helmet and she saw that it was Zach. The traffic still on going and if Verlyn drive her car, it may took couple of hours so Zach get his another helmet inside his motor's compartment for Verlyn. She choose to ride with him and just left her car.
"Where are you going?" Zach asked "I am going to you." Verlyn answered "I knew it just like I said you like me huh!" Zach said to Verlyn and laughed. Zach is going to work on that time. Verlyn thinks about how will she always meet Zach when she is still studying and Zach is already working. Zach is eight years older to Verlyn. He is twenty five years old and Verlyn is seventeen. Meanwhile, Verlyn is in the minor age. Verlyn ordered food and eat alone while Zach is serving her. She sat on the chair of table nearby to Zach's cashier. She is eating while Zach serving the customers' payments. Zach always looked at her while smiling and she smiled back with a romantic excitement. Suddenly her phone rings and her mother, Brenda is calling. She cancelled the call and did not mind about it. As she finished her meal alone, she helped Zach by araging her dish and clean up the table using the tissue papers and said goodbye to Zach going home.
Brenda slaps Verlyn when she got home. "Why did you let my car towed?!" she said. The luxury car of Brenda was towed because Verlyn left it in the middle of the highway when there was a traffic so the government enforcers towed it and the fine is worth fifty thousand pesos. Brenda scolded her all day. She was grounded on going out of home and banned from using cellphones and other gadgets for a month. So she can't communicate to Zach.