Fin

A year had passed but the pain was still there. The reminder of that day was still fresh in her mind. She couldn't shake off the deaths out of her mind. Not only had her father shot Vivian in cold blood but he had locked up both her grandparents in a mental hospital.

She had never seen her father in such a situation. He was distraught,angry,but mostly,he never ones looked at Aria. He avoided her like a plague. She knew it was her fault Peat was in a coma.If only she hadn't trusted Vivian. If only she agreed to her father marrying Peat,none of it would have happened.

Everyday she visited,she apologized and told stories of her tiktok challenges hoping Peat's condition would change, but it never did.

Aria hated herself. Peat being in a coma for a whole year drove Fort insane. He was hardly home nor work. He spent his days in the hospital by Peat's side.

Inorder to be of use to her father,Aria ventured in business. She was smart and calculative. At the age of seventeen,she was taking up risks just like her father.

Pushing herself to be better. To make her father proud even thou she knew he wouldn't acknowledge.

Shawn was the opposite. He was always telling cute stories to Peat of what he did at school. He brought drawings and flowers made by paper wishing Peat would wake up. He kept a strong face and avoided crying just like Peat had taught him ones.

Fort had told him that by doing so,Peat would wake fast.

Another unexpected visitor was Jeff. After making a deal with Fort,the latter had allowed him to see Peat. It was painful seeing his ex husband connected to so many machines.

He blamed himself countless of times. If only he had trusted him. If only he had loved him more. If only he had fought for him,all this wouldn't have happened. Each of them had a shair of blame.

Peat would still be happily married to him.
But alas,he was foolish and an idiot. The only time he would see Peat was under Fort's instruction.But it was better than nothing.

"It's time for you to go,"Fort said to Jeff.

Jeff could only nod as he stood up.
-"Thankyou."

With that he left. Fort was left alone with Peat. He sat down on the chair and pulled out a ring from his pocket. Carefully he wore it on Peat's finger and smiled.

"We are now husbands baby. I wish you would wake up for me."

He didn't realize his tears were streaming down his face again. Seeing his love in a critical state,broke his heart completly.Even with his money,he couldn't save his love.

What was all his wealth for?Suddenly the machine began beeping and that scared Fort who called for the doctor hysterically. He couldn't bare to loose Peat.

..........

"I want to visit her. Maybe she is repentant."

"No. She is no longer in our lives. Don't you understand that. Because of her I lost-
"Dad please,"Aria begged. She just wanted to visit her grandmother and see if she was repentant. She wanted an explanation on why she was so evil especially to her child.

But Fort wouldn't agree.

He hated the woman.She was the reason Peat wasn't with them. She was the reason Peat was long gone. His heart was still bleeding.

"Please dad,"she begged.

"No,"he yelled.

She couldn't persuade him anymore after making up his mind. He left the office after strictly warning her to stay away from that woman.