1 - Serena Gray

Chapter one: Serena Gray  

Serena Gray, was known for her cooking and baking skills in Hogsmeade. When she was fourteen she was placed under the care of her Uncle and Aunt, Oscar and Sophia Gray, through the years living with them she has learnt how to cook and bake and eventually started working in The Three Broomsticks. Whether they wanted a nice warm pie, or freshly baked cookies, she made them.

"How can I help?" Serena says, in a cheerful voice. She's hoping someone will get her new strawberry jam tarts, she has just started using a new recipe and was very excited to see how people would like it.

"Umm, could I have a slice of the apple pie, please?" A lady asks, while scanning over the menu.

"Of course, let me just get that for you." She grabs a plate and with tongs, carefully putting the piece of pie on it. "So, that will be £3.50, please." Serena says, the lady puts the money in her palm.

"Thank you!" The lady exclaims, walking away.

"How are you doing, Rena?" Oscar, Serena's Uncle, asks. Her uncle is tall, with messy brown hair, and very often Serena would catch women flirting with him, but he could only be seen looking at his wife.

"I'm good, I'm just waiting for someone to get the strawberry jam tarts. New recipe." She replies, grabbing one from the stand and holding it out to her uncle. "Try it."

Serena brings the tart up to his mouth with her other hand up to catch the crumbs, he takes a bite with a smile on his face. He stands for a bit chewing and lifts his eyebrows.

"Delicious, as always, Rena." Her uncle declared, with an adoring smile on his face. He was so glad Serena was with them, he couldn't have seen his life being any other way, as long as he was with his girls, he didn't mind where they were.

"That's because she learnt from the best." Sophia, her aunt, adds. Giving them both a soft smile, while putting down some freshly cleaned glasses.

"Of course, Love." Oscar says, staring at his wife. Serena had always admired their relationship, they always greeted each other with an adoring smile and a soft kiss. She always hoped in the future she would be happily married with a kind boy and live the way they do. Always in awe of each other.

"I can take over the register, if you want?" Sophia offers, putting the last of the cups away. Her aunt is a beautiful woman. She was medium height and had blonde wavy hair, and one of the kindest smiles around.

"Thank you." Serena responds. "And let me know if anyone gets a tart, okay?" She asks, pointing at her aunt while slowly backing up into the kitchen.

"Will do, Sweetheart." 

                                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter! I know its a short one but its going to be a short story (that's what I'm planning anyway) but we'll see as it goes. The interactions between them are so adorable. I want Serena's Uncle, just thought i would say that yk.

Leave a comment to tell me what you think!

- M