logan gets ready for a date

lindy's pov
sunday morning 8:49 am
"lindy!" delia hisses, shaking my shoulder. "lindy wake up!"
i groan. "ugh, what time is it?"
"time to get up." jasmine sits next to me on the floor. "garrett and logan went to get breakast, we just wanted to make sure you were up."
delia sits criss-cross-applesauce acros from me. "so, lindy," delia winks. "you and garrett?"
i widen my eyes. "what about me and garrett..?"
"please lindy, you dont have to hide." delia says. "i already know you like him."
i see jas making hand motions at me and shaking her head.
"i dont like garrett," i laugh.
i hear their car pulling into the driveway, and walk out to say hi when i suddenly collide with a shoulder.
"sorry log-" i look up and see garrett. "oh, hey sorry."
i get out of the way and sit backon the floor.

jasmine's pov
we sit down and start to eat breakfast and talk.
"so what are you guys doing after you leave here?" i ask.
"well, i'm going back home." delia says. "i wanna play with my cats."
"yeah i'm heading back home, too." garrett adds. "i've got a GIANT test tomorrow in ap physics. i know what logan'll be doing." he winks.
"well, i'm getting ready to go hang out with jenna." he smiles shyly. oh god youre so cute logan. "were having a picnic in the park. what about you jas?"
"i'm just probably gonna stick around here with lindy if thats okay?" i look over at lindy.
she nods. "it's cool."
"jas?" logan says. i look up, scared of what's to come. "if you're sticking around can you help me get ready for my date?"
lindy looks at me with wide eyes. "why dont you trust me to do it logan?" lindy says.
"well," he says. "last time i asked you to help me, i ended up with a broken arm."
she gives me a look that asks: 'are you sure?' lindy shrugs. "jas are you up for helping logan since I'M not qualified enough?"
i chuckle. "yeah."
"nice."
sunday afternoon 12:00 pm
i've been at logan and lindy's house for the past three or four hours and lindy & i've just been watching movies all day. i'd almost fallen asleep again when i heard my name being called.
"should i go linds?" i ask.
"yeah,"" she says. "go!"
i stand up and look into logan's room. "you called?"
"my date's in an hour and i have absolutely NO clue what to wear." he says. he looks so stresed.
"okay, first thing you need to do," i walk over and put my hands on his shoulders. "is calm down. you're a smooth guy, you'll be fine."
i love how no matter what happens, we're best friend. he takes a deep breath. "okay."
"okay," i say. "wear whatever you want to wear. but it's gonna be kinda cold so you probably shouldnt wear shorts."
i grab a plaid button up abd black jeans. "here."
"jas youre a life saver." he tells me. "now go outside while i change."
i wait outside his door while he's changing. when he steps out and sees me, he smiles. "thanks. can you help me with my hair?"
i nod and follow him into his bathroom. "so, logan, im assuming you want a mohawk?"
"ha ha, very funny jamsine."
i laugh and start to gel his hair so i can make it look all pretty.
we spend most of the time telling each other corney jokes and weird pick up lines.
"im gonna go pick her up." logan walks down the stairs and smiles at me at the top. i walk down the stairs to give him a hug. i can tell he's incredibly nervous because his hands are shaking so bad.
"hey, hey, logan." i smile. "she's going to like you no matter what. it doesnt matter what you wear, or how your hair looks, she's going to like you for you." and suddenly i'm not sure if we're talking about jenna or about me. "because youre amazing and cool and sweet and any girl would be lucky to have you." i finish.
"thanks jas, i love you." he says. im taken aback by what he just said. he sees that i'm shocked and adds, "as a best friend of course. come here." he opens his arms and gives me a big hug. "thanks, again for your help."
"don't mention it." i say. "good luck."
he grins at me and walks out the door.
oh, how i wish he was going to pick ME up for a date.