Chapter 3: New Home

When we arrived at my "mothers" house I realized right away how different this was going to be. They lived in the most dangerous and violent place I have ever seen. In the five minutes I have been here I have seen an old lady get stolen from and then I saw a group of teens smoking and fighting. The house is also the smallest thing I've seen. It's two bedroom but it doesn't have a living room. Therefore they put a small tv on the kitchen counter so they can watch it while they sit at the kitchen table. The room they decided to let me have isn't as bad as I thought it would be though. It is big enough to fit a queen size bed and it has a small closet in it. Luckily there was already a bed and a drawer with a tiny tv on it in my room. Also the one thing I think that I will love the most is that I have a balcony. It's about three stories high and it has a good view of the town. It was pretty late therefore I decided it was best to go to sleep.

When I woke up it was around 3am. I didn't have a dream like I usually did which was unusual but whatever. I just laid there looking around. The walls were so plain and white. Maybe I could ask if I could paint them that way I could feel more at home. But what color would I paint them? Maybe I should paint them a sky blue since that was my fathers favorite color or maybe a greenish since that's my favorite. I guess I'll put more thought into it when I get permission from the authorities. I absolutely couldn't sleep therefore I just casually got up and went onto the balcony. Out of nowhere I started to cry. I started to actually process what my life was now. It was nothing. Everyday I would go to the Avengers building while my dad was working and hang out with the guys but now that can't happen. I lost not only my father but the avengers too. They are my best friends and I can't live without them. They even gave me an emergency phone number to call if anything bad happens to me. They are like family.

As I managed to get lost in thought I heard a bang from the street. I looked down and saw a boy who looked about my age. He looked like he had been smoking and drinking all night. The bang was him bumping into a trash can and falling onto it. He just laid there laughing his ass off. He got up after laughing for a bit then he started looking around. I immediately jumped backward and tried to hide however that didn't work. He noticed me within seconds.

"Hey hot stuff!! I saw you!!" ~boy

"Maybe if I ignore him he will leave me alone" ~Kate

"I heard that also and no I won't!! Yano usually people say you can look but you can't touch... Well gorgeous you can touch all you want!!" ~boy

"Please leave me alone.." ~Kate

"What's ur name sexy?" ~boy

"None of your business.." ~Kate

"Oh come on!! My name is Oliver!" ~Oliver

"Fine but you have to leave me alone after this..." ~Kate

"Fair enough.. Now what about that name?" ~Oliver

"It's Kate.." ~Kate

"Very well Kate goodnight.. But my offer still stands.. Don't be afraid to touch! I know I sure am not!!" ~Oliver

That was extremely awkward. He constantly slurred his words and almost fell like five times. Also he kept smirking at me and winking. Why do guys have to be so weird and perverted? Honestly like "don't be afraid to touch" is he stupid? I would never touch that ever!! He left after I told him my name like he said he would therefore I walked back into the room. I laid down and soon passed out. Hopefully not everybody is like Oliver. It would be nice to make friends here.

In the morning I woke up and took a quick shower. I personally didn't feel like speaking to anyone in this house so I left the house. I just casually began to walk around the town hoping that nothing bad happens. So far nothing has happened that I found to be dangerous. The town wasn't really that big so when I found a decent looking park I sat down underneath a tree in the shade. The sun was beaming down on me I was so happy to have found a place to just relax and stay safe from the sun rays. I just looked around the park. There were a few people here. Mainly children and their parents. The kids were playing on the playground while their parents all socialized with each other. I kept looking around until I got bored and decided to take my notepad out. I began to sketch and doodle which is one of my favorite things to do when I feel lost and bored. I plugged my headphones into my phone also to block out the children's loud high pitched laughter. I felt like this was the one place I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable in.

As I was just relaxing I heard a loud beep so I turned. The second I turned all I saw was a car headed straight toward me. It was too quick. Before I knew it I blacked out. However when I opened my eyes again I was in someone's arms. Their hold on me was strong. They were shaking. One hand was on my waist the other on my head holding me as close as possible. I looked up to see Mr.Rogers. How did he get here so quickly? He looked down at me with his beautiful blue eyes and gave me a warm smile.

"Hey there... Are you alright?" ~Steve

"Yeah... I think so.." ~Kate

"You're lucky I was here. I was just going for a jog when I saw you. Then I saw the car heading for you and I quickly ran in front of you. The car hit me then I grabbed you and made sure you didn't get hurt." ~Steve

"Wow.. Thank you so much Steve. I honestly don't know how to repay you. I owe you my life." ~Kate

"You don't have to repay me. Saving a beautiful young lady is the only reward I need." ~Steve

"Well I am not so sure about the beautiful part but thank you." ~Kate

At these words he looked at me with a look of sorrow. He moved a piece of hair from my face and laid his hand gently against my cheek.

"Miss Kate you're undeniably beautiful. No matter what anyone else says. You're perfect just the way you are." ~Steve

I couldn't help but blush at the words he had just spoken. He was perfect in every way. I just stood there in silence blushing like an idiot. That's when he let me go. He smiled politely and grabbed my hand then kissed it oh so gently.

"I am very sorry to have to leave you here miss but duty calls." ~Steve

Then he went off heading toward the Avengers building. He looked back at me once and waved with a bright smile. I of course waved back with a smile that a five year old would get when they just found out they had a new puppy they've been begging for. I looked around and I saw the car. It had a huge dent in it the shape of a man. I'm assuming that it was Steve's. I then noticed that my sketchbook was on the ground next to me safe. Not one page ripped. Not even crinkled. I then fell upon a page that said

"Miss Kate,
You are currently unconscious in my arms. I am so happy that I was able to reach you in time because if I hadn't the world would've lost the one thing that makes it whole. If you would like I would love to bring you out for a coffee. If you wouldn't mind meet me at Carols Cafe at 12pm tomorrow. I hope to see you there.
~Steve Rogers "

Was I going to go? Did I want to go? I guess I'll have to decide in the morning. Before I knew it I was home and tucked into my bed. I had no problems falling asleep.