Chapter 7: Stay with Me

Kate's POV
When I finished crying I managed to get outta the shower and clean up. I put on the outfit I was wearing before because I didn't have my clothes with me. After dressing I went out into the hallway. I slowly walked down. It was quiet but it smelled like pancakes. I honestly wasn't that hungry but of course I wasn't going to tell Steve that because he meant well. At the end of the hallway I saw Steve sitting there. He seemed to be zoned out completely. I know this because he didn't even notice when I called out his name. I wonder what he is thinking about. I sat down next to him and put my hand on his arm.

"Steve?" ~Kate

At my touch he flinched. He blinked his eyes a few times trying to come back into reality.

"Y..ya..." ~Steve

He still seemed like he was focused on something. I wanted to ask him what he was thinking about but I also felt that i shouldn't.

"Nothing you just seemed zoned out. It's alright though." ~Kate

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring you. I just was thinking..... Are you alright though? I thought I heard you crying." ~Steve

Oh no! He heard me crying. He probably thinks I'm weak now. He looked at me like I was a child that needed help. Well to be honest I do need help. I just don't want to seem weak or like I'm complaining. So many people go through bad things that are even worse than my situation.

"Ya... I was... Don't worry I'm fine now." ~Kate

He gently grabbed my hand. At his touch I got chills. I felt like electricity was flowing through my whole body. It definitely was weird. I don't know what it was but the instant he touched my hand I wanted to jump and hug him tightly and never let him go.

"Kate I know that you are going through a lot and I want you to be able to talk to be about anything. You shouldn't be afraid to let out your feelings." ~Steve

"But... I just.... Never mind..." ~Kate

I didn't want to tell him that I was scared to get close to anyone. I didn't want him to think of me as weak. Every single person I have gotten close to my entire life has either died or left me. I didn't want to lose Steve too. He looked at me with those big blue eyes pleading for me to tell him. Those eyes got me. I couldn't just sit here and not tell him.

"Fine... I'm scared to express myself.. If I let people know how I feel they tend to get close. My dad and I were the closest but he left me and now I have nobody. Then when people get close to me they leave. I don't want to lose anyone else Steve." ~Kate

My eyes started to tear up at my words. I saw his eyes tear up a bit too. He didn't even say anything at first all he did was hug me tightly. The second my face hit his chest I began to cry again. He rubbed my back letting me cry.

"Kate, no matter what happens you aren't alone. Even when you feel alone I promise that I am always here for you. I know we may not really know each other that well but I am still here. Every single Avenger loves you, Fury loves you, and you are important." ~Steve

He said every Avenger loves me. Does that mean he loved me? No I shouldn't think that way. I'm allowing myself to get close. I don't want to get close then have to go through the pain of him leaving. But it was too late. I can't help but be close to him. Steve is the perfect guy. Everything about him is perfect. I can't hold it in anymore. I have to tell him.

"Steve?..." ~Kate

"Ya.." ~Steve

"Can I tell you something?" ~Kate

"anything." ~Steve

The second I was about to tell him the doorbell rang. Steve got up and answered the door. It was Clint and Natasha. They came into the house and when they saw me they hugged me.