PROLOGUE

──── [ 00 ]

FEBRUARY 27TH, WEDNESDAY, 2:02 PM

──── KICKED OFF.

MUSIC

MUSIC. ──── It is part of the human soul, a way to express and become the best version of yourself on stage and off stage. It's a way to communicate our emotions with the deeper self of humans of both the artist and those who are listening. The beauty of art travels further than a single message meant by the one who birthed its existence with a simple song tempo or track. That was the kind of art that was priceless. Such a gift to the world that seems to die more with each day. That was also the kind of art the light blue-haired girl could only one day dream of creating.

It was the main reason why the girl decided to become an idol, despite being thrown into the situation without her knowing. The bright smiles, the way the people's eyes lit up when they saw their favorite grace upon the stage and let her voice grace their ears. It was a scene that she always loved. That sweet, soothing yet calm voice that held so many emotions

And yet, that was seemingly stripped away from Shizuku Hinomori the moment her unit members decided to kick her out.

"As we said, you're off the group Hinomori."

Those dark and emotionless words echoed in Shizuku's ears as she stood in the middle of the room, the other members of Cheerful*Days all huddled up behind someone else.

"We've talked about this with the management! I don't care if you're the leader! You're nothing but a pretty face with no talent!" The member chastised with a face that screamed nothing but hatred and annoyance.

It frustrated Shizuku that she was only seen like this.

'I worked hard too!'

'It's not fair they see me like this!'

"Honestly! I don't know what the executives saw in you when they made you the face of our group! Mai here is more capable than you could ever be... or even me!"

While the member continued on her angry charade, Shizuku clenched her fists. She agreed that someone else would have been a great leader but this girl ticked her off. She can see through those words.

"Makoto, that's kind of a stretch." Another member spoke up in an attempt to ease the atmosphere.

Shizuku's mind screamed but she could only stare at them, her eyes losing their color. She didn't hear their conversation. She blocked out her surroundings and was too busy feeling herself burn with anger.

With a deep breath, Shizuku spoke up, still trying to keep her calm. "So, you're the one who put them up to this Makoto?" She asked.

Makoto turned to her with seething eyes. "Hah?! Do you think I made them do it? All of us agreed that we're better off without you so don't get any crazy ideas!" One of the members explained in a defensive tone.

"All of us have worked our asses off passing that audition! Almost everyone has been in this group for almost two years and yet some newbie with pretty eyes and flowing hair comes in and somehow becomes so popular she's made into the leader!" The girl began to yell then it turned into screaming. With each word that escaped the girl's lips, Shizuku could feel the hatred that had been building up within the girl.

The screaming had caught the attention of other idols in their company and people had gathered around the door. "I'm working hard too! Not only as an idol but as a musician too! Why do you think I've been asking the higher—ups for opportunities as a—" The girl was cut off when the sound of being slapped resonated throughout the room.

One of the members stepped in between them, giving the girl who was screaming at Shizuku a look that told her to back off.

When the girl decided to leave, the other girl turned to Shizuku with an apologetic look. She wrapped her arms around Shizuku and engulfed her in a hug, trying to comfort her

"I'm sorry, Shizuku ... I never meant for it to go this far..." She apologized in a solemn tone, her eyes looking saddened.

Shizuku didn't say respond. Her members hadn't apologized for kicking her out

"You guys really did kick me out..." Shizuku mumbled lowly.

"Sh—Shizuku! Please wait!"

By the time she heard her bandmate call out to her, Shizuku's hand was already on the doorknob. Without looking back she muttered the words, "Just say I retired..." With that, she opened the door before closing it shut.

Shizuku stayed silent as her head hung low, as she pushed through the crowd, some of them giving her sad looks all the while trying to console her. Others are giving her nasty looks saying that she deserved it. As she entered the elevator, she made eye contact with Makoto who in return gave her a harsh glare, one that screamed so much hatred.

It didn't take a few days before the word had gotten out that Shizuku Hinomori had retired from her group. She was thankful that they had at least fulfilled her wish of being. The idol unit was no longer her concern though. Mai was promoted to the new leader of the group and Shizuku could only think it was only a matter of time before the idol unit moved on.

 Mai was promoted to the new leader of the group and Shizuku could only think it was only a matter of time before the idol unit moved on