I Wanna Stay With You ~ Lee Jeonghyeon

wc: 1k

 pronouns: none used; n/a 

warnings: being captured; not really angst, just fluff 

summary: lee jeonghyeon is mesmerized when he sees fairy!reader wandering the floral summer meadows one afternoon; fantasy au ♡ 

A/N: This one came to me very fast; it's a little short but it's so magicallll :) I used the rap lyrics that Jeonghyeon wrote for Over Me in this as well, they're underlined. They're so beautiful... I think they might be the best lyrics in the song lmao, go off king

Lee Jeonghyeon had never meant for this to happen.

He hadn't even believed that beings like you exist before this afternoon. Downtrodden after yet another one of his compositions was rejected by the court's royal orchestra, he decided to take a walk to muster up inspiration for a better song. Roaming through the flowering meadows on a bright summer's day, Jeonghyeon thought his eyes had deceived him when he saw the most exquisite winged creature tending to the blossoms in the field before him.

You carried a wooden basket, picking the prettiest of flowers and tucking them away. Every so often, you'd find one you admired most of all and fashion it behind your ear lithely. An ethereal, golden glow visibly emanated off of your skin.

No matter how many times Jeonghyeon blinked or rubbed his eyes, the transfixing beauty remained in front of his gawking figure. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he stepped quietly toward you as your iridescent wings fluttered gently in the soft wind.

"Sneaking up on me?" You asked the handsome boy without turning around.

You heard him gasp lightly. "I'm sorry. What--... What are you?"

You tucked a baby's breath that had bloomed just perfectly behind your ear as you turned around to face him, smiling knowingly. "What are you?"

"I--... I--..." The young man struggled to find words. "... I'm Jeonghyeon."

You giggled at the cute, simple human before you. "What's a Jeonghyeon?"

"It's my name," he clarified timidly, ears turning crimson.

You nodded, considering it. "Jeonghyeon... How pretty."

"Thank you," he replied, biting his lip nervously. "Will you tell me what you are now?"

You turned back around to the flowers, touching the wild lavender fondly. "What do you think I am?"

"An angel," he answered quickly. "Something entirely divine."

You laughed lightly at the mortal's words. "You humans are so funny," you cooed, picking the prettiest blossom of lavender. Turning back to the boy, you stepped towards him gently and tucked the lavender behind his ear. "Do these look like angel wings?"

Jeonghyeon's eyes lit up as you fluttered your shimmering, translucent wings for him. "I don't know. I've never met an angel before."

"And you never will," you replied with a smile, running a finger gracefully along one side of his sharp jawline.

His lips parted slightly in awe. "You're the loveliest thing I've ever seen."

You nodded, laughing the mortal's affections off. "This is not the first time I've been told."

He shakes his head fiercely. "You don't understand. What once was small, my heart is bigger-- now that my eyes have seen you, I can't see the future without your image," he pleads, words flowing out in perfect poetry as he sinks to his knees. "From this moment on, I paint in the paint that is you."

It takes more effort than you imagined to keep a straight face. This Jeonghyeon spoke so beautifully-- so sincerely, in a way a mere human never had before. They usually just stared at you or tried to kiss you or, even worse, cause harm to you. Unsure of how to react to these vows, you shrunk down to your normal size and started to fly away from the stunned boy.

But you felt the emotion in the air change, panic radiating off of Jeonghyeon as he reached his hand into the air after you. Enclosing you so gently in his palm, he clasped his hands together to securely entrap you in his grasp-- leaving a small gap in his fingers for adequate air to pass through.

No, Lee Jeonghyeon had never meant for this to happen...

And yet here you are: locked in a delicately woven cage, a piece of red ribbon tied loosely around both wrists.

"Are you alright?" Jeonghyeon asks, eyes wide with concern as he studies you.

You nod carefully, the red ribbon twirling delicately with the breeze flowing through the open window behind you.

"I didn't hurt you? Please, say I didn't hurt you," he panics. You shake your head softly in reply.

"Thank goodness," he says, running a hand through his hair with a rather stressed expression on his face. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"

You shake your head again, looking around Jeonghyeon's small cottage. You spot a desk in the corner with several pieces of parchment strewn about, a pen and quell of ink beside them.

"Well, when you are, please let me know," Jeonghyeon urges with an awkward smile.

"Do you write?" You ask, gesturing with a nod to the corner desk.

"Oh," the boy acknowledges with a small laugh after turning around to see what you're referring to. "Yes. Lyrics."

"You're a songwriter," you affirm, smiling up at him. You knew that the boy had had a very distinct way with words.

He smiles back. "Yes... Well... I'd like to be one. Someday. But I've had a lot of trouble finding the right subject to write about."

"Is that so?" You tilt your head to one side, reaching out your ribbon-bound hands. Jeonghyeon's eyes sparkle as he extends his index finger through the cage, to which you grab hold of tenderly and examine. Noting the callouses from his pen, you trace along the grooves of his fingerprint.

"But I think I've serendipitously run into the perfect subject," he announces, nodding with certainty. "I'm truly sorry that I've captured you like this. I promise I'll let you go as quickly as I can... But I just know you'd make the most beautiful song."

Unbeknownst to Jeonghyeon, you can choose to escape at any time. No cage can hold you and no ribbon can withstand your glowing magic; even the boy's hands could have been easily burnt by your power if you had wished.

But there is one thing holding you here:

The compelling, handsome young man staring back at you through the cage in curious wonder-- who has promised to write you a song.