First Kiss

The following morning, Banana received a phone call from Boardy. Banana picks up the phone and is immediately greeted by Boardy screaming.

“Uhhh…so how was the date?” Banana asked, still waking up.

“I THINK IT WENT WELL?!” Boardy screams. “WE ACTUALLY CLICKED WHICH IS WEIRD BECAUSE I JUST ASSUMED HE DOESN’T LIKE ME”

“Why are you yelling it’s 5 in the morning?” Banana asked.

“BECAUSE I’M FREAKING OUT MAN” Boardy said. “ALSO THESE WALLS AREN’T THIN SO IT’S NOT LIKE ANYONE CAN HEAR ME!”

“KEEP IT DOWN, I’M TRYING TO SLEEP!!” A distant voice that sounded like Cantaloupe yelled.

“Look, calm down,” Banana said. “I’m glad your date was good. Did you two kiss?”

Boardy hangs up.

“....I’ll take that as a no,” Banana said.

On the other side of the wall was Announcer, who was also freaking out about last night. Just not as severe as Boardy. His first instance was to also call Banana.

“So how did it go?” Banana said.

“IT WENT TERRIBLY,” Announcer said. “I think he hates me now. He knows all about my anime, my car paninis. He probably thinks I’m the weirdest person he’s ever met. UGH, Why do I always do this to people I get close to?”

“Nah, I’m sure he really liked you,” Banana said. “He was gushing about you when I called him”

Banana hears Announcer screaming on the other end.

“What’s wrong? Board caught your tongue?” Banana asked.

“What?! No chance, no way! I won’t say it no no” Announcer says.

“Give up, give in, check the grin, you’re in love!” Banana sings back.

“Ok, maybe I am,” Announcer said. “But I’m not gonna say it out loud”

“You just did,” Banana said.

“Shut up!” Announcer said. “Hang on, I think I hear someone knocking at my room”

Announcer hangs up, puts on his glasses and walks over to the door. He opens it to see Boardy standing at the door. Announcer nearly jumps back.

“Good morning neighbor,” Boardy says. “I heard you screaming in the other room and though you were being murdered”

“Oh, you heard that,” Announcer said. “Listen, I had a really fun time and all, and you’re a really great guy but….”

“What’s wrong?” Boardy said. “Did you change your mind about us?”

“N-no! It’s not like that at all!” Announcer says. “I’m just having a hard time processing my feelings for you….”

“Do you not like me?” Boardy asked, a little sad now. 

“No! I…” Announcer said. He knows that no matter what he says, he had already ruined what he had between him and Boardy because he was  awful at his feelings. He had to think fast so he doesn’t ruin it more.

At that moment, Announcer knew what to do. He throws his arms around Boardy, pulled him closer to him and-

“YOU KISSED HIM?!”

That was what Banana shouted as he and Announcer had a chat in the recording booth during intermission.

“What else was I supposed to do?!” Announcer said. “If I didn’t do anything, there would’ve been no second date and I would have to look on Craigslist! I don’t want to do that!”