1

When the dragons first came to be, humans didn't know what to do about them. Further down the road, they started to figure them out. A man named Ernest Drake figured out a way to talk to dragons in their language. Each new dragon that he found and interacted with taught him something new, new ability, new coloring, new eggs, and new habitats. With all his exploits, he wrote in a journal, which he kept close.

Each new entry told him he was in a different state or country each time. He had to look high and low for each new dragon, for they were hidden from humans peeping eyes. When people wanted to know where he found them all he would do was shrug and say "oh, you know, just around". Sitting in his favorite armchair, smoking his pipe while stroking his pet Cockatrice's back was his favorite thing to come home to after a long day's work.

Knowing the dragons were safe at the end of the day where he could visit them to learn more about their kind was a safe reassurance to him at the end of the day. Even now, I have a torn slip from his journal that held his journeys in. It's a little bit ripped off so I can't make sense of it. But here it goes, "What a neat egg this is! It's made of pure ice and snow, I can feel the chill in my bones through my gloves. I've stayed too long. The mother will be back to check on the eggs. It's a darn thing how long they have been in this nest. Is it close for them to hatch or is it just begun?" And that is where it ends, which is a curious thing. It's like it was ripped at the top and bottom.

Given my knowledge of dragons, it's not as grand as Dr. Drake's who started his dragon adventure at a very young age. He saw dragons in everyday life. At age ten he studied them. Given most people would not agree dragons exist in everyday life they are just myths. Oh, look! I just found another slip of paper tucked away in his journal, and yet again it is ripped from the bottom and ends the entry, "My family thinks I'm crazy for believing in dragons. I don't like them very much right now. No one wants to be my friend. They all think I'm weird and call me a freak behind and to my face. I wish I didn't have to go to school. It's dinner time now. Write soon. Ernest." From the looks of the handwriting, it looks as though he was ten or so when writing this journal entry. I could understand why he wouldn't want to go back to school, kids were mean. During his time at college, he became friends with a woman named Ebenezer Cook, now this woman was the original reason Drake believed in dragons. Once he graduated at 21, he rejoined Ebenezer. I'm going to start looking for more adventures with him. All his adventures were mostly when he was older except this one which looks like when he was ten or younger by his handwriting. It's only a snippet though, "walking into the forest, for an afternoon stroll I didn't think to find anything. Except I found that it seems to be a creature my size in height. I froze when it saw me. The creature crept closer and sniffed me and jumped back, making a noise like something was knocking on a door. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a real-life dinosaur." So if I'm guessing right this was before he found dragons and when he was believing in dinosaurs. That's right because he went to an Archeology Museum in Sussex where he lives. This is where he learns about dragons. So down the roads, there were a lot of stories about him finding dragons.

I found his adventures when he was learning about Dragon First Aid. When he came to a sick dragon during his time of the study, Ah! I found another slip of a journal with him working with First Aid. "The baby Wyvern, came hobbling toward me it looked different from any other baby Wyverns I've taken care of. He was droopy like something was wrong and wheezing. Walking into my office I grabbed my First Aid book Ebenezer gave me as a birthday present. It told me to mix various ingredients. Day 2: Being with this baby dragon was an experience for me. But the little one seems to be breathing okay now. I am glad for this book. Write more soon, Ernest" it's very strange when dragons get sick. Normally only times they get hurt is when they fight other dragons. I don't get to see many dragons, but Ernest left an egg behind when he died. It hasn't hatched yet which makes me think about when it is.

I'm seeing a lot of journal entries on the Chinese Lung, which technically there are four types of Lungs. There are Chinese, Japanese, Tibetan, and Korean. They all have four legs and big manes. Oh! I found a journal entry I've been following, the Lung breeds.

Ernest wrote fourteen books in his lifetime all about different tops from dragons to pirates and spies to Egyptology. Dragonology.