Chapter 2

Lorenzo

It's now 3am in the morning I just finished closing a deal and I'm exhausted, I grab a bottle of whisky and go to pour a cup but before I can I'm interrupted by my phone ringing.

Who's calling me at three in the fucking morning I look, seeing an American number, thinking it might be a client I pick up only to hear a woman's voice "Hi my name is Samantha, I'm calling from Washington police department, is this Lorenzo Russo?" she asks.

"Yes, it is, now care to explain why you're calling me at three in the morning" I reply coldly, "well we currently have your sisters, Aurora and Athena here, unfortunately there stepfather passed away earlier this morning and we wanted to know if you would like custody of them."

I sigh in annoyance.

These people can't even get the right phone number.

"You have the wrong number I don't have any sisters, next time don't waste my time".

"Mr Russo, Aurora and Athena are indeed your sisters, we have the DNA test results to prove it" she quickly said making sure I don't hang up, I will admit I'm surprised there no way I have sister, right? Wait...

"How old are they?" I ask keeping the same heartless tone "there 14. Mr Russo, I have forwarded you the DNA results" just as she said that I opened the email, my eyes widen in shock.

A match.

There really my sisters, wait 14 years ago, that's when Elizabeth left. (there mum)

"Mr. Russo, would you like to take custody of them if not they will go into the foster care system".

Trying to hide the shock I'm in I reply not letting my emotions get the best of me, "yes I will take custody of them, please send me all the required forms and I will be there to pick them up tomorrow morning".

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow Mr. Russo, have a good night."

The moment the call ended a million questions flooded my mind. I felt overwhelmed.

I never let my emotions get the better of me, in fact I've kept them hidden for so long, I forgot I could feel. Jesus Christ, I let out a small laugh, these girls aren't even here yet and they're already messing with me, I let out a long and overdue sigh. Okay pick up the twins then tell my brothers sounds easy enough.

I wish it was that easy anyways.

The station:

I had already landed, and I was now entering the station, everyone looked down as I walked past, not one person dared to look me in the eye. At least they know their place.

I made my way to the front desk "I'm here to pick up Aurora and Athena". The officer nodded "I'll call their social worker right away please have a seat whist you wait."

Within minutes an older looking lady approached me, "Excuse me, are you Lorenzo Russo?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"yes" I bluntly answer.

"Well, I'm Samantha I spoke to you on the phone yesterday and I'm glad you have decided to take them in, now if you'll follow me, please", Samantha leads me to the break room and quietly opens the door, just as I'm about to walk in she turns around and puts her figure over her mouth and shushes me.

Why the fuck did she shush me?

I was still confused, until I walked into the room seeing two identical girls peacefully sleeping, there small frame makes the couch look huge.

I admire my baby sisters, whilst Samantha makes her way over to them, lightly shaking their shoulders, waking them up.

The girl in front opens her eyes and flinches at physical contact which concerns me at first, but then I see both of their faces for the first time.

They looked exactly like father.

My brothers and I look like Elizabeth but these two looks exactly like father, they have his light brown hair and pale blue eyes.

I must have been staring for a while because one of the girls, which I'm assuming is the older one tiredly looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

Realizing they don't know who I am, I introduce myself "Nice to meet you, I'm Lorenzo your eldest brother" I say trying to make my voice as friendly as possible.

Though I'm not sure if it worked because all I'm receiving is death stares at least there meant to be. I think. These girls don't realise they look even cuter when they try and look scary.

"nice to meet you too, I'm Aurora and I'm 14, I'm the older twin" she says whilst relaxing a little "I'm Athena, 14 as well, younger twin" the younger one says.

"Well I apologise if I get you mixed up, you two are beyond identical" I say honestly like seriously forget twins they look like two of the same person. I hear a little giggle which makes me let out the tiniest smile.

"no shit sherlock were twins" Athena sarcastically replied, I felt the corner of my lips tug as I try and keep a straight face, but I let the words slip out, my voice laced with amusement "you're a bold one aren't you?" I once again let out a smile.

"Now let's go before my pilot gets angry, it's a short flight but we still need to get there on time."