chapter 6

(Athena)

I woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom, when I look around, I see Aurora next to me, but there's something else, someone's hugging her.

"Lorenzo?" I whisper.

"What is it bambina?" I hear Lorenzo ask in a soft voice, still hugging Aurora.

"Whose room is this?" I ask curiously.

I hear a light chuckle, then he looks up at me and says it's yours and Aurora's.

I can't help but smile at his words. Something was finally ours we finally had something of our own.

Just as I was starting to get comfortable, I remembered the event that took place a couple of hours ago.

All I could think was if they didn't hate us then they definitely hate us now, we caused trouble for them what if there planning to hurt Aurora and I.

Starting to get scared I look at Lorenzo with fearful eyes which of course didn't go unnoticed.

He slowly gets himself out of Athena's tight hold and makes his away around the bed and towards me.

"What's wrong bambina" he asks with a sweet and thoughtful voice.

Just those three words were enough to make me want to tell him everything, I wanted to tell him about the abuse, about how much he hurt us, about everything we had to go through, but I couldn't, I already know he's suspecting something since we didn't exactly react well to loud noises, I guess I never realised it was that bad.

Although me and Athena always got yelled at school by our teachers for misbehaving and were verbally abused nonstop at home, we didn't get scared anymore but when they yelled, they at each other's they sounded cold and emotionless I guess that scared me because even john had emotion in his voice when he yelled. Anger. But with them there wasn't anything that scared me.

I was taken out of my thoughts by the feeling of warm arms around being wrapped around me before I could even think I felt my body relax into his hold.

(His nick name for Athena is Athy)

"Athy, you don't have to say anything now, but when your ready could you tell me why you guys got scared. Is it us do we scare you?" he asked, I could hear a hint of pain in his voice when he asked.

I shook my head, knowing that in the last day most of my brothers have given us more love than we have received in our entire lifetime.

"It was too loud" I say barely talking above a whisper.

"I'm sorry, bambina, we'll try to be quieter from now on, I promise." He says patting my hair, lulling me to sleep.

(Lorenzo)

I heard a little whisper calling out my name, I looked up seeing my youngest sister looking at me confused, she's so cute I think to myself, wanting nothing more than to hug her.

"What is it bambina?" I ask in the softest voice I can, trying not to scare her.

"Whose room is this?" she says, looking around.

I chuckle a little at her messy hair and small voice before responding "It's yours and Aurora's" I say watching a small smile graces her face.

After a couple of minutes, I look at Athena and notice her fearful eyes, seeing her scared of me makes my heart ache.

I get up and start walking to her side of the bed and sit down, careful not to scare her I once again soften my voice, "what's wrong bambina?" I ask.

Not receiving an answer, I decide to give her a much-needed hug, I feel her body slightly tense before relaxing into my hold, her head resting on my shoulder, as I pat her hair.

"Athy, you don't have to say anything now, but when your ready could you tell me why you guys got so scared. Is it us do we scare you?" I ask trying to hide the pain in my voice.

After I said that I felt her head shake 'no', even though she didn't talk I felt the relief wash over me, and the corner of my lips tug threating to smile at her small gesture.

"It was too loud" she said her voice so quite I could barely hear her.

"I'm sorry, bambina, we'll try to be quieter from now on, I promise." I say patting her head as she slowly falls into a comfortable sleep.

After a little while I heard the door to the twin's room being pushed open, it was Domenic, not realizing the twins were asleep he yelled a little too loudly.

"Hello, my favourite sisters you want to come watch a movie" He yells, soon realizing the twins are asleep.

"Shut the fuck up you idiot" I whisper, looking at both of the twins as they both stir a little, I rub Athenas back trying to lull her back to sleep.

Before long another annoying thing came in, it was Enzo, he sees the twins sleeping and proceeds to walk up to Aurora, patting her hair as she slowly wakes up, "Aurora, breakfast its ready you have to wake up and come downstairs to eat" giving me the look telling me to wake Athena up as well.

I continue to watch him wake up Aurora first, she starts closing her eyes again, me and Enzo both let out a little giggle after we realise, Enzo patting her head to make her wake up has sent her back to sleep.

I laugh, "Aurora he's trying to wake you up not send you back to sleep" I say in a soft voice, only receiving a groan in return.

I decide to turn my attention to Athena instead and wake her up, compared to her sister she's easy to wake up but it was getting her off me that was the problem.

I woke her up, but she has been clinging to me, whenever I tried to get her off, she would say it was warm and tighten her grip.

Looking at Enzo who was still struggling to try and wake Aurora up I gesture my eyes at the curtain, he lets out a slight smile before walking over and flinging them open.

I cute but annoyed groan was let out by both of the twins at the same time, they really are twins I think to myself as I watch them both get up and look at us with tired eyes.

Hii guys I really hoped you enjoy this chapter sorry if its not to good I've been really busy and I don't have much motivation to write right now, I hope everyone has had a good dayyyy :)