|| to the highs of balladry; to the lows of mystery || kazuha & heizou x y/n ♡

haha yes.
btw this is my first oneshot in this book yay.

- ☾︎☽︎ -

author pov -

' it was after a blind date y/n had gone to.

y/n had noticed something quite peculiar. the person they went on a date with has disappeared . . .
no-one knows how or where they vanished to in the vast mountains of inazuma.

kazuha visits y/n more often and for more time than he usually does, like he's trying to take their mind off of the case.

even heizou is slacking off on it, and he's the detective . . .

their sweet smiles and silly serenades came at a price. and they're eager for more. '

y/n was laying on their bed in their house. neither kazuha nor heizou had visited yet. y/n glanced at the clock. 7am.
they wondered why they had woken up so early on a saturday.

y/n was now bored. what could they do to pass the time? trying to go back to sleep wasn't an option; they couldn't no matter how hard they tried. it's like their body is refusing to sleep.
they looked at the time again: 7:01am. time had passed so slowly - it felt like a year was equivalent to one minute.
for a few minutes all y/n could do was stare at the ceiling and be bored.

knock knock!

y/n jumped. who could that be so early in the morning? kazuha and heizou, maybe?
they got up and slowly opened the door. sure enough, it was kazuha and heizou. y/n was greeted with a big hug from heizou and a gentle smile from kazuha.

" good morning, y/n. I hope we did not wake you . . " kazuha spoke in his usual soft voice.

" ah, don't worry about it. I was awake already. " y/n replied, then cringed. their voice was so low! oh well, it was only natural. they had just woken up, after all.

" awake? at 7am? " heizou questioned, " why? "

y/n shrugged, " I just woke up randomly. "

" didn't you try to go back to sleep? "

" multiple times. but it didn't work. " y/n sighed.

there was a long silence after that.

" oh. well . . this is awkward now. " heizou said.

" why did you come to see me anyway? " y/n inquired.

" we . . did not plan that out. heizou insisted we go since he wanted to see you. " kazuha chuckled.

y/n tilted their head slightly, " so . . you decided to visit me at, " they glanced at the time, " 7:14am just to see me? "

heizou nodded, " yeah. I just couldn't resist seeing your pretty face after you just woke up~ " he teased. then he realised he was still hugging y/n and pulled away.

" and kazuha? " y/n asked, trying to hide the faint redness on their cheeks.

" I came along to see you too. " he answered.

" you're blushing, y/n! " heizou pointed out.

y/n cringed for a second time. they decided to pretend not to know. " me? really? ahaha . . I didn't know. " they nervously laughed it off.

kazuha shook his head and grinned, " don't play dumb, y/n. it's right there, clear as daylight. "

" I don't know what you're talking about! " y/n insisted.

kazuha sighed and shook his head, still grinning, " fine, be that way. uh . . may we come inside? "

y/n realised that heizou and kazuha had been standing in the doorframe for a long time. they frantically nodded and let the two in.

- ☾︎☽︎ -

ok we're done lmao.
that was terrible but ok.

zenny out.