𝟎𝟑

word count: 730
published: 05/27/23

Katsuki backed the car into a parking spot, popping his head out of the window to make sure that he was still between the two white stripes. Turning the key out of ignition he turned to watch you slide your purse over your shoulder.

As you gathered your stuff the ash blonde fled the car and rushed over to the other side to open the car door for you. "Look at you, such a gentleman," You praised, stepping into the parking lot as you took his extended hand in yours.

Intertwining his fingers with yours, he used his free hand to close the door behind you and lock the car. The parking lot wasn't crowded, but it wasn't empty, you had been lucky to find a restaurant that was still open.

The caribbean cuisine restaurant sported a fancy but comfortable style and everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves as far as you knew.

Warmth washed over you and the smell of good food infiltrated your nose as you stepped into the building. Bakugou conversed with a host as you viewed the pristine floors and booths, other people dressed formally and enjoying their meals.

Your heels clicked against the tile flooring as Bakugou followed the host and led you to a booth. Shrugging off your purse as you sat on the velvet bench, you looked up at Katsuki who was situating himself.

"Thank you for taking me out, love," You reached a hand across the white table cloth to which he took and held tightly.

"Anything for you," He smirked, "What're you gonna get?"

You picked up the laminated menu, running over the options, "I think I'll get (food of choice). What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking... spicy chicken curry," His eyes moved across the menu before he set it down.

"Of course," You laughed, there wasn't a time when your husband hadn't targeted the spicy options at whatever eatery you two had attended.

A fancy mannered waiter had come over to take your drink order, to which you had both chosen water. And, because you had already decided, the waiter let you include your dinner order.

Your water shimmered under the dark lighting as you swiveled the glass in your hand, "I wish I could stay here with you forever. Katsu, let's run away."

Bakugou laughed at your joke, "If only it was that easy. I know you'd get tired of being stuck with me, you'd miss all your friends."

"If it was possible for me to get tired of you, it would have happened a long time ago. I think it would be the other way around, but that's too bad, 'cause you're stuck with me now, forever," You stuck your wedding ring out towards him, watching the gems sparkle.

"'Wouldn't have it any other way, dumbass," He scoffed, going quiet when the same waiter as before came to serve you your platters.

Steam seeped from your plates, fogging your vision of the ash blonde who sat in front of you, "Ah, it smells so good," You hummed, unfolding your napkin and splaying it across your lap.

Bakugou picked up his fork before you swatted his hand, "Napkin, Katsuki. Mind your manners!"

"Lay off, mom," He rolled his eyes and smirked before adjusting the napkin to his lap.

"Not your mom, just looking out for you," You scoffed before cutting your food into bite sized pieces.

You moaned lightly after taking a bite of your food. In all honesty, you were hungry having not eaten since you and Bakugou made lunch earlier in the afternoon. You looked up at said man, watching as he dug into his own food.

"Katsuki, open," You held your fork out in front of him, holding a hand beneath the fork just in case food were to fall off. Wouldn't want to ruin such a nice white table cloth.

"Now you're really pushing it with the mom stuff," He humored you before obediently biting the food off your fork. His eyes widened at the taste and he nodded as he swallowed his food. "You like it?" You questioned.

"Mhm," He grunted, taking his own fork over to your plate to steal another bite, "Y/N, try mine."

You leaned forward as he fed you a bite of his food, the spice spreading like wildfire over your taste buds, "Geez," You huffed, taking a sip of your iced water to sooth your mouth.

"Weakling," He teased, his vermillion pupils gazing at you through his dark eyelashes.

"Yeah, yeah."