𝟎𝟖

word count: 715
published: 07/20/23

Time Skip

Bakugou clutched a bouquet in one hand, stopping in his tracks when he saw her. "Hey," He spoke softly before taking a seat. The girl only smiled back at him, her eyes full of love.

"Sorry, I'm late, dumb fucking paperwork I had to get done," He scoffed, his face softened when he looked back up at her. A smile took over his features as he brought a hand up to grace her face gently.

His knuckles ran along the glass frame that covered your picture. Gently setting the frame back down again, he propped it against your tombstone and wiped some dust from it. "Work's been a pain in the ass, but, I got those employees I promised you," He scoffed lightly. He had recently come back to work after taking time off for mourning and healing.

He couldn't help the tears that filled his eyes, this happened every time. He visited you everyday, no matter how busy he was, he always kept an opening for you. And no matter how much time went by, he didn't think he could ever stop the tears.

"I miss you a lot, I know I tell you that every fucking day, 'just wish you were still here by my side," He sighed, the smile that he had slowly fading as he set the bouquet next to your picture.

The cemetery was quiet, only distant sounds of cars and birds singing. The sound of cars became a noise he could never get over. After the accident he took a break from driving completely, wouldn't even go near a car on purpose. He wasn't sure he would ever allow himself to get into a drivers seat again.

It was later discovered that on the night of the accident, when Katsuki swerved around the stalling van, the car hit a semi-trailer truck, which propelled your car off the side of the road and sent it tumbling down the hill.

Ultimately, Bakugou wasn't able to forgive himself for that night. He always blamed himself for your passing, he claimed he didn't need help but his loved ones ended up forcing him into therapy.

Nevertheless, there was nothing he could do to keep you out of his mind 24/7. The first couple days back at work had been rough and there were moments where had to excuse himself so he could break down in the bathroom.

People's constant condolences didn't help at all either. He knew people were just trying to be nice, but the frequent reminder of losing you and the way people spoke as if they looked down on him was something he couldn't stand.

After coming back home from the hospital, he had to retrieve your pet (dog breed) from the kennel that the both of you had spent lots of time researching to make sure your "baby" was getting the best treatment. Letting her out of the carrier into the house only to not be able to find you was something that scarred the ash blonde. The crying and howling she let out each night that went by without you was nothing but torment.

When he had first gotten back home, his parents lived with him for a while, trying to support him so he could get back up on his feet, (Quite literally, he had broken both legs in the crash). Living in the same home you previously shared tore him apart constantly, you lived on through the impact you made on him and his surroundings.

The semi-truck driver from that night was also relentless, constantly reaching out and expressing how sorry he was and attempting to offer things of materialistic value. Katsuki didn't want it, he didn't even want to be in contact with the man.

Not only was the crash the end of you, but it almost ended Katsuki's career. The doctors were amazed over the fact that he had survived such fatalities, mainly due to how healthy and strong condition his body was in. Of course, Katsuki is very driven and takes advantage of every physical therapy class, medication, and method to try to get his body back to normal. His time in the hospital made him lose weight and weaken his muscles, he was determined to bounce back.

Everything he did to improve himself and heal was for you. Everything was for you.