CHAPTER 04: INNOCENCE LOST

Disclaimer: The events written here happened after the reign of King George Alexander Louis Windsor (son of Prince William and Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge), the names and affairs of the Windsor Family in this story are all fictitious.

The Windsor Family in the present is the reigning British Royal Family, the third family to ascend the throne after The Tudor Line which ended with Queen Elizabeth I (daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn)

BRIANNA

I found him lying on my bed inside my personal chamber when I went up after the very hateful family supper.

He was too preoccupied throwing and catching something in the air that he didn't even notice when I walked in.

"Still keeping souvenirs of your misadventures, I see." I stood beside the bed with my hands across my chest.

He caught the lacey thing he had been playing with and I figured, with a closer look of it, that it was a piece of underwear, a red, probably worn, stretchy little thing. It was from one of the girls he had been with before he got here, I presumed.

"One of the brunettes had excellent skills. I just had to take something to remind me of her creativity." he said stretching the fabric he was holding, "It's a very thoughtful welcome gift, sweet sister. Thank you."

Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before he found out that I was the one who sent him those flight attendants.

"I'm glad you liked them." I said. He was still not looking at me and that made me feel awful. "If you just wished to talk about your whores, you may leave now, I want to take some—"

He pulled me by the arm so quickly and pinned me on my own bed. He threw the garment he was holding onto the floor and held me down with both of his hands.

"Why do you have to be such a cruel woman?" he asked. "Sending me a bunch of harlots before you feed me to our father?"

"Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy the whole experience. I knew you did."

"Alright then, if it makes you feel better. I enjoyed every single one of them. Are you happy now?"

"Ecstatic. Now let go of me."

He knew I was already mad so he moved away and sat at the far end of the bed. I tried to sit up and I felt a pain on my back as I did. I watched him closely. He had his head down and both his hands were on his sad face.

"How could you get sick?" he asked suddenly and I was taken aback.

"I don't know how to answer your question." I just said.

"Is it really just—five months?" he turned to me and I nod. "Good God. How could this happen? Why you?"

"I've been asking myself the same question, Declan. But we just have to accept it. I—"

I let out a cough and I didn't like the sound of it. I grabbed the blanket and covered my mouth. Another one came and it was worse than the first one and when I looked at the white linen on my hand, I found a splotch of blood on it.

Declan saw it too and it got him worried. "I'm calling the doctor." he said but I stopped him.

"Just—just stay here with me please." I pleaded.

"But Bri—"

"The doctors can do nothing more about it anyway." Those words came in so painful I had to look away from him. "So don't bother, it would only be a complete waste of time."