Ch. 6| New People!

TW: Swearing; Second Person
——————

"If you would, please introduce yourself to the class." Your new teacher, Tokara-sensei, requested.

The man was a little shorter than average, with spiked, dirty-blonde hair pointing back. He adorned the typical attire for a leaf shinobi, except his flank jacket was unzipped. 'Let's see. Teach is an extra. There's an extra. And another. Oh wait, he looks important- Nope, extra... How many extras are in this class?!'

You started to consider playing find a character, rather than count the extras. Zaku took your silence as a cue to speak first. "...My name is Zaku Abumi... this is my sister... (Y/N)."

The class was silent. Many had expressions that screamed 'Eh?! That's it?!' You also noticed a few of the girls form heart eyes and inwardly gagged. "I'm (Y/N) Abumi, as my brother stated. I hope we can all be friends! Please take care of us!"

Zaku raised a brow at some students that perked up when you spoke, odd looks on their faces.

"Thank you for those wonderful introductions! Now..." Tokara-sensei trailed off. You watched as he looked around the room. "Zaku, you can go sit next to Neji! And (Y/N)... you can go sit next to Tenten! Can those students please raise their hands so they know who you are?"

'Not one- But TWO characters?! I'm blind-' You not so subtly looked around the room while walking to Tenten. A smile crept onto your face. 'And that makes it three!'

Tenten gave you a small wave when you got closer, which you happily returned. You looked towards your brother to see an opposite interaction. Neji simply put his hand down and looked towards the front. Zaku looked indifferent towards him and sat down.

You moped. You were starting to realize that Zaku didn't like interacting with people he didn't know. Shit, it was probably pure luck that he even came with you to Konoha. Though, maybe Neji just wasn't his kind of person; all silent and hate filled right now. You suddenly gained a new found determination to get Zaku another friend.

"Ok, class! Since we have some new faces joining us today, I'd like to talk about what we learned last week: Clone Jutsu!"

~~~~

"Hey (Y/N), would you like to eat lunch together today?" Tenten excitedly questioned from beside you.

You smiled at her. 'Such a kind soul!-' "Sure! Thanks Tenten! Are you ok with my brother joining us?" A few people is the classroom deflated. They wanted to have lunch with you too, but they had been too slow.

She nodded and picked up her bento box. "I'm fine with it but-" You heard her giggle before she pointed to a small crowd. "I think he might be a little busy right now."

At least five girls were swarmed around Zaku. Questions were flying out of their mouths left and right. You chuckled and made your way over to him. He looked panicked by all the sudden attention. Neji was also getting trailed by his own fangirls while leaving the classroom. Though, you could tell he was a lot more irritated by them.

"Where are you from Zaku? Do come from another land?" 'I deem you... girl A!' "We should have lunch together!"

'Girl B shall be- heh b-b...' "You look so strong Zaku! Were you training for something before you came to the academy?" 'You!'

You pushed your way through the blockade of girls. "Sorry everyone! My brother promised he would eat with me today."

A look of relief washed over his face as you grabbed his hand. He quickly grabbed his things before you started tugging him away. A few grumbles flew from the girls' mouths as they now sulked with your admirers. You followed Tenten to a bench outside. A part of you wished you could've had lunch with Naruto. But his lunch was scheduled for a different time.