Ch. 15| A Red Panda in the Desert

TW: Swearing; Second Person; Possessiveness
——————

A woman's face suddenly popped out from on top of the cliff, bits of sand falling off her face. "HOLY CRAP!" You jumped back at the sudden presence. Unfortunately, this meant that your chakra control was ruined. You blinked, only having a moment to realize what happened.

You put your arms around yourself and closed your eyes, bracing for your fall. However, when you realized you weren't falling, you looked up. There, was the woman who had been at the top. Her arm was wrapped around one of your legs. Sand stretched out from her hand to wrap around your torso, pulling you towards her. 'Sand manipulation...'

Your brows furrowed after you reached safety. The woman shrunk, falling into nothing but a pile of sand. It was then you realized someone else was there, someone who's attention you just got.

The boy turned around, his lightly colored eyes boring into you. "Who are you?"

"I'm (Y/N)," you offered a small wave and toothy grin. "Who might you be?"

The boy looked down to the sand circling around him, not answering you. "...Why did mother want to see you?"

You blinked, not sure what to say. The boy stared at you, analyzing you. You watched as the woman appeared again behind him, giving you a small smile. As much you wanted to tell the boy to look behind him, you didn't. What you saw as a woman, was probably a blob of sand to anyone else.

'Why did she want to see me I wonder... How'd she even know about me... I got some questions now, man... it was suppose to be my day off... She doesn't seem talkative either... Maybe I'm getting mixed up with someone else...' "Sorry, I'm not sure I even know your mother."

"Why is he quite around you?"

You tilted your head to the side now. His questions were making you more and more confused. 'Does he perhaps mean Shukaku? -I only really know about them through fan fiction. ~The nostalgia of reading about harems on my device. Maybe if I were ever to get back to that place all fan fiction wouldn't be dis-' "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're taking about."

You got off the ground and dusted yourself off. The boy continued to eye you as something caught your gaze behind him. "Hm? Were you building something?"

He nodded, watching you sit beside him. "...a sandcastle... mother didn't want me to leave too soon..."

You smiled at him, "Want some help?"

"...Do what you want..."

You gave him a thumbs up. He was about to walk away, he didn't care about such things. But he quickly went wide-eyed when you successfully grabbed his hand, tugging him back beside you. "Come on! Let's make the best sandcastle ever! ... oh, yeah! I never got your name."

The boy continued to watch you as you started gathering loose sand, a soft wind working in your favor. ". . . Gaara. . ."

"It's nice to meet you, Gaara!"

~~~

Tired breaths sipped past your lips as you admired your hard work. Well, Gaara had done the building... but you collected all- most of the sand! That counts for something, I think.

The sun had slipped passed below the horizon at this point, allowing cold air to hit your warm skin. 'For someone who had the day off, it sure feels like I did a lot of work...' "Whew, I don't know about you Gaara, but I'm beat. I think it's time I went to bed for the night."

As soon as you said that, you felt a hand grab your own. You turned to your side to see Gaara, tugging you to follow him. "...You're staying with me tonight... until I know why mother wanted you..."