Ch. 29| To The Land of Waves We Go!

TW: Swearing; Second Person; Usuratonkachi
——————

'I need to to hit something... I don't know what yet; But it won't. Be. Pretty.' You angrily narrowed your eyes at a fence. Meanwhile, your team was meant to be walking some monkeys.

It was an odd mission, to say the least, but you were lucky enough you didn't have to take part in it. There were only four monkeys, so Asuma was letting you sit out. You weren't quite sure why you didn't have to do anything- but maybe it was the fact you were doused in coal.

Yes, you read that correctly 3D you. 2D you was completely and utterly covered in coal dust; head to toe, and toe to head. Since you were a part of the team, you couldn't just leave during a mission, but Asuma promised you could get cleaned up after this one.

Earlier, you had all been tasked with catching some little hooligans running around; some young kids causing mischief, nothing bad. Your team had eventually cornered them to a park, leading to you splitting with Ino and the boys with each other. Asuma was running point, telling you when to capture them.

That's when you all found the two troublemakers in a clearing, just laying there, like they were asleep. It was the perfect chance for an ambush. Too perfect.

Your teammates were supposed to hold your position while Asuma looked for traps, but Ino-

Even thinking about the girl made you upset.

Ino quickly grew impatient and started yelling at the kids, heading further into the clearing. You face-palmed, but followed after your partner til you heard a clicking sound. Your instincts went into override and you pushed Ino to the side. You thought something dangerous was triggered. -Well, more dangerous than coal.

Anyway, you looked up at the sound of something falling, only to be met with a face full of black dust. Thankfully, you didn't get any in your eyes, mouth, ears, or nose.

You couldn't be too mad at Ino, for whenever she got near you she apologized profusely, and would sulk when you'd leave. However, that didn't stop you from being upset. The outfit you were wearing just happened to be brand new, and felt like a dream— now soiled by persistent coal dust.

'I wonder if this is how Santa felt when he had to go down unkept chimneys... No wonder he only worked one night a year... Now that I think about it, does Santa exist here—'

"Do you think she's mad at me..." Ino frowned. She gazed up at you from her spot on the ground. Her assigned monkey chirped as she ran a hand through its fur.

"What do you think? You're the reason she looks like burnt toast right now. Pretty sure those clothes were new too; haven't seen her in them before," Shikamaru gave his two cents, glancing to your form too before going back to a nap, just like his monkey.

"I don't think it's that bad," Choji added while hopping down from a tree branch, his monkey jumping onto his back. Ino became a bit more hopeful towards you forgiving her. The swirly-cheeked boy gave you another look before sitting down, "Actually, it looks pretty bad."

Ino deflated in sadness. Mushrooms started popping upon her head that her monkey picked off. Ino liked you, like really liked you. You were really cool and nice, and she wanted to be friends. The last thing she wanted was for you to be mad at her.