CHAPTER 5

KABIR'S POV:

We were in my grandfathers ward when he started regaining his consciousness. We were happy to finally see him opening his eyes. My parents, my elder brother Harshvardhan Kapoor, my younger brother and sister Rudra Kapoor and Ashima Kapoor were present in the room. 

Dadu looks at me and than at the rest of the family members. my father says" Papa, aap thik toh hai na ? Kya meh docotor ko bulau. Kahi dard toh nahi ho raha na ?"                                                                (Dadu- grandfather) ( Father are you okay ? Shall I call the doctor. Are you feeling any pain ? )

Dadu slowly nods his head and then in a weak voice asks" Who treated me ? ". I reply " A woman treated you dadu. Her name is Sameera. You had minor heart attack and shall take proper rest for the coming weeks." My heart beat increased when I said her name. There was a sudden calmness in me as I remembered her face precisely her eyes. Her eyes spoke more than her mouth. 

Different emotions were present in her eyes as she looked at us when she came. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my father yell on his phone. All the eyes were focused on him. He says " Okay we will come there shortly." He sighs and speaks " Tim just called. He said that the girl Sameera her fiancé married her step sister an all the people were blaming her for running away from her marriage. Different taunts are being thrown her way by her own family. She is crying and looks heartbroken." He holds his forehead and looks at me. 

My mother gasps after listening him. She looks at me with pain in her yes and says" Kabir, I told you not to bring her forcefully. I warned that this decision of yours is not good. Now look what happened. She is being blamed for what she didn't even do.  This society is very bad they won't understand her. Now who will marry her. Her life is ruined. "

Somewhere in my heart I was feeling guilty. But I didn't show it on my face. My dadu and siblings ask at the same time " What are you talking about ? What did Kabir do ? " Dadu was unconscious and my siblings weren't present when we brought dadu to hospital. Dad looks at me and explains that how I order Tim to bring Sameera here from her wedding hall forcefully. 

My sister was shocked and bhaiya looks at me with disappointment in his eyes. After a long time Dadu says" Kabir will Marry her." I was hell shocked by what he said. Although my heartbeats increased when I saw her. She looked beautiful and i admit that I had a hard on when I saw her. But thats all, I never thought I will marry her. 

I am not ready for marriage. It's not like I am a gay but I never found any women interesting. They all were made of plastic and were after my money and status. My subconscious said" You idiot he is perfect for you. for us. She is everything you desired. She will keep you happy. She is different from other women." 

I  sidelined the voice in my head and said" NO, I will not marry her. I am not ready for marriage and she is definitely not my type. You can find someone else to marry her." My dadu looks at me and speaks with authority in his voice " I said you will marry and that means you will. You should have thought about this before you took that decision. " he looks at my parents and continues" Gautam, Savita do you have any problem with my decision. " 

They shook their heads and says" Papa she is the best for our Kabir. When I saw her I really wanted her to be my daughter-in-law." I yell and say "I will not marry her." Bhaiya looks at me and sternly says " Kabir, you will marry her. You are already 28 it's time you settle down." If I am cold and heartless than bhaiya is more colder than me. One glare from him you can piss in your pants. 

I was about to say something but get interrupted by my father " Marry her or else I will not name the company which you worked so hard for on your name. I will give my shares to someone else and you will lose your authority." 

I was shocked and numb. I worked so hard for this company. It is my everything. I thought in my head it is better to marry her than loose the company. I felt anger towards her. It is all because of her. I will show her hell and make her regret for marrying me. 

I say in a loud and clear voice " I will marry her. But you will name all the shares on my name after my marriage." My sister giggles with happiness and there is a relieved look in my parents and brother's eyes. Dadu holds my hands and says " Go my child and bring your bride home."

I just nod. My father says " It's decided than. Kabir will marry her today. Rudra and Ashima you stay here with your grandfather. Me your mother, Kabir and Harshvardhan will go to get our boy married." They both sadly nod. My mother came after calling home. We leave for he wedding hall. Bhaiya was driving while I was sitting in the passenger seat. My mother hands me a velvet and leather bag. I look at her questionably.

She says " This is for Sameera make her wear all this. These are our traditional jewelery." Kabir just nods. Soon they reach the wedding hall.  The scene if front of me socks me. My heart clenches when I see in her tears and a heartbroken look in her eyes. I don't know why I am feeling so bad for her. 

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my  father say" We have decided that our son Kabir will marry your granddaughter today here in front of everyone." she snaps her neck at me with shock. But before she could say anything I drag her with me to a nearby room."

Hey everyone,
I hope you all like the chapter. It's kinda a long one. Please vote and comment your views.

Have a nice day 😊