chapter three

Catalina's pov

How can father even think of marrying me off. Doesn't he know I have dreams and I refuse to be tied down to any man.

Why couldn't it be gianna,
Wait what If I ask her to take my place, she's timid and pretty much gullible. Just a little begging and fake tears she'll cave, then i can be free and shell be the one married to that lorenzo Russo.

I immediately got up and climbed the stairs to gianna's room and pushed the door open,
I saw her on the chair in front of her mirror looking shocked to see me.

"Breathe in catalina, time to act" I chanted in my head
"I hate to say this but I need your help gianna" I said softly.
It shouldn't be that hard, with the right words and the right expression she'll show pity to me.
"What is it catalina?" She asked in a small voice "urghh I hate being nice to her" I thought.
"What did you say?" Fuck did I think out loud.
"Nothing, like I said I need your help, I know I've been a bad person and a bad sister to you and I know you probably hate me but it wasn't my fault that I acted that way" I breathed out.
" Mum said I should not act nice towards you, I was just following instructions" I finished with a sad look on my face.

She looked confused with a deep frown etched on her face making her forehead crease.
" But what did I ever do to her, why does mum hate me this much I didn't even do anything to her, I've never gone against her or dad" she answered sadly.
Even I don't know why mother hates her but I was more than contented with it as long as I got the full love and attention from everyone. I don't like to share and not with gianna.

"I have no idea gianna but that's not why I'm here"
"Then why are you here catalina?"
"Dad wants me to get married to the son of their long time friend lorenzo Russo, but I can't get married to him" I sobbed out.
She came to me and gave me a quick hug that actually felt good
"Oh catalina I'm really sorry but what is the reason you can't get married to him"
Are you kidding me, my dreams, my goals, this body was not made to carry babies, I can't ruin myself but I also can't tell her that.

Think catalina think. Yes that's it  "Gianna !" I fake gasped, "I'm in love with someone else and you're in support of dad wanting to marry me off like some good or property?" I answered with fake disbelief in my voice.

"No, no you got it all wrong, I didn't know you loved someone else" she answered quickly.
"I do and dad doesn't care, he wants me to get married to the italian, I can't get married, I won't get married, I loovvee someone else, it'll break him if I do this, I can't betray him like that" I cried out.
"Then you can just elope"she said softly.

......................
Next chapter coming up😊