Chapter 1

Twenty Years later....

"Ms.Shank!!"

"Sir yes, sir!" A twenty three year old woman said nervously.

An aged commander shook his head, "Late again...."

"I simply overslept, Sir, apologies. Last night was rough. But I know that is no excuse," The pale skinned woman said swiftly. Her hair was up in a braided ponytail that reached half way down her back. The emerald green eyes were full of confidence and fear. Her frame was well built, it had to be in order to run a machine such as hers.

"Just suit up...We have a mission and a new director for you next week. Today is your last military mission. That is unless there's an emergency," The Commander explained as the woman began walking down the halls.

She gave a two finger salute in acknowledgment. Over the past ten years she'd become one of the best pilots in the program. To be honest she was the only pilot anymore. The Jaegers were almost all a failed attempt. They killed her mother and drove her father insane. She'd been raised by the military and trained to be one of the best soldiers there was. Her father was no longer important to her. He abandoned her when his obsession for the perfect meld of man and machine took over his brain. He now ran an illegal operation for the past 20 years.

The woman walked to the first control room and changed into a suit. It was all metallic black and held loads of tech in it. Once done she slipped on the helmet and began walking down the hall to her machine. The suit was rather comfortable, considering it was mostly tech and metal.

A small beep told her that a com-link wanted to be opened. A small sigh escaped the woman as she opened the link, "What is it Bill?"

"Friend, I just wanted to see how you are doing? Ready to kick some MECH ass?" Bill, the woman's other half(working at the control panel in base), was rather pumped about today, "And it's your last mission with us!"

"I told you to call me Koda. It is my name after all, Bill. I'm doing fine. Remember there could also be emergency missions. And I hope we catch my father today, he deserves to rot and die in jail," Koda said sternly over the link before closing it for the time being.

The next few minutes were somewhat slow for Koda as she reached her control panel and hooked herself up to her machine. All the cords that connected her were needed in order to operate the Jaeger. Her feet were clamped into place, and her arms were hooked up. She had a small control panel in front of her. Everything in her unit had a purpose. Things that weren't needed had been removed. (Just imagine it to be the control area in a Jaeger, just with one operating system.)

Before she could do anything else after getting mostly set up the com-link was turned back on, "Koda...This is the Commander. Take it easy today, we know this takes a toll on you after a while. This size of suit should be used by two people but you operate just fine on your own. Remember, if the aches and pains come just let us know." The Commander said over the com-link.

Koda pressed a few buttons and tapped in some codes before turning the system on. All her hydraulics and power cords, everything moved when she did, "Will do Sir....Bill, if you'd please."

Bill pressed some keys and buttons on his side of things. And started a countdown.

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two

One