Protecting you

Chapter 15:

When I finished work, I took my car and went to Lizzie's house.

« Hey baby » she pecked my lips excitedly taking me inside the house.

« How was your day? » she asked « it was fine. Really busy in the afternoon but I managed to write a new chapter for my book »

« Oh my god so cool babe! The inspiration is back! » she said and I blushed.

« It's actually because of you. You give me inspiration » I said and she smiled widely.

« Aww you're so cute. I'm happy I help you » she kiss my cheek.

We talk a little more about our day before ordering Chinese.

We eat and watch a movie cuddling on the couch.

Our calm is disturbed by the doorbell ringing. Lizzie gets up to open the door while I stay on the couch.

After a few seconds I hear yelling. I get up and join Lizzie seeing Robbie here.

« Ugh not him again » I mumbled annoyed.

« You again? » he asked making me roll my eyes.

« What do you want Robbie? » Lizzie asked « I just want to talk » he said making her sigh.

« Just fucking stop Robbie! Leave me alone for god's sake » she said angrily and I wrapped my arm around her waist to calm her down.

Robbie saw that and chuckled « so you're fucking her? That's why you don't want me anymore »

« What the hell Robbie?! » She said shocked while I was too stunned to speak.

« You're such a whore » he gritted making me snap out of my trance.

« Shut up! Don't talk to her like that » I stepped in front of Lizzie.

« Don't tell me what to do you bitch »

« Listen to me now! You get the fuck out of here and leave her alone do you hear me? She said she doesn't want to talk to you so you shut up and you stop bothering her » I walked close to him.

He looks at me threateningly before looking at Lizzie « this is not over »

« Oh yes it is! Except if you want us to call the police » I said and he walked away looking at us one last time.

After making sure he's gone, I turned to look at Lizzie.

« Are you okay? » I wrapped my arms around her and she broke down crying in my arms.

« It's okay my love. You're okay I'm here » I tried to reassure her. It breaks my heart to see her like this because of this asshole.

I carry her in her bedroom and sit down on the bed, her sitting on my lap.

« Look at me baby » I requested and she raised her head looking at me with her teary eyes.

« I'm here. Everything's okay » I caressed her cheeks.

« I'm so sorry » she said making me raise an eyebrow « why are you sorry? »

« Because he insulted and threatened you »

« I don't care Liz. I'm just worried about you » I said stroking her hair.

« I'm used to it »
« What do you mean? It's not the first time? »

« Well, when we were still together, he would be extremely jealous and toxic. So toxic that I couldn't live my life. We would argue all the time. And I was so tired, I didn't love him anymore so I decided to break up »

« I'm so sorry you had to go through this. But it's over now. He won't hurt you again I promise » I smiled softly at her.

« thank you baby. Thank you for defending and protecting me. And I have to say, you were so hot yelling at him » she joked making us chuckle.

« come on bubs, it's time to sleep now » I said and she nodded. We lay down in a spooning position, her being the little spoon. I feel like she needs to be held and I will be here for that.

« Goodnight love » I whispered « goodnight baby » she said already half asleep.

I kissed the back of her head and fell asleep my face in her vanilla smelling hair.

I make myself promise that I will always protect Lizzie at all cost and to give her the world because she deserves it.

-

No hate to Robbie! It's just for the sake of the story.
What do you think?
Any idea or requests?