Chapter Fifteen

Candy: - What the hell is wrong with you? You narcissistic bitch! Why don't you give up already? Now you're here trying to ruin your son welcome party.

Wendy: - What is wrong me you say. Oh nothing, just doing what I got to do. Like I said, you’re the first on my list to go. Honey. I will not have some hooker standing in my way. I've worked hard to get to where I am. You think I cared about Roman and his foolish father? Give me a break, I rightfully deserve a part of this company assets, I'm his mother.

Candy: - So you feel getting rid of me, Roman will come and break Infront of you? Don't you realize he doesn't want you here. Get it through your thick skull. You’re sick, I will not let you get away with this. Where were you when he need you? You don't deserve a dime from his pocket.

Wendy: - My dear look around, you’re trapped. All this talk is just wasting precious time. I have guest to greet and paperwork that needs taken care of.

Candy: -  I might be trapped, but not for long. I will expose you before you can see a penny. And let even your colleagues see the fraud you are.

"You have no idea where the strength or the courage came from, but knowing that she is out to cause harm, hurt and grief especially to Roman you cannot allow. He’s been so good to you, shown you love, care, even being protective of you. And now the woman who suppose to be his mother, is trying to cause chaos."

"You glanced at the guy behind holding you, and with full force you throw your head backwards crashing it into his nose. You heard a pop and cries soon follow. He lets go of  holding you and plaster his hands over his nose at the sudden and excruciating pain."

Simon: - That bitch! She broke my nose. I kill her!

Wendy: - Catch her! Before she gets away.

"The guy from earlier tries grabbing you, this time instead of running away, you ran into him connecting your fist with his face. Stunned by your action, he stumbles back, and you made a dash for the gathering."

"You glimpse over your shoulder to see Wendy and her men coming after you. You start scanning the crowd like crazy to find Roman. You spot him to the far end of the room with his dad and make a beeline in their direction."

"You’re about to make a home run when one of the men came out of nowhere and block your path. A sinister grin plays on his lips as he stalks slowly towards you."

Paul: - Where do you think, you’re going little missy? You broke my partners nose. Now you'll have to apologize and not with words.

"You turn around and found the other guy standing behind you still clutching his injured nose. The people around you start eyeing your way. With nowhere to run, you decide to do the only thing that would draw Roman attention."

"FIGHT!

"You go all in swinging arms, legs and everything. You made a swing again for the guy face. He dodges it and grabs hold of your hand connecting his own fist with your stomach. You fall to your knees coughing and gasping for air. He almost knock the wind out of you. He walks up to you and grips your hair tightly, dragging you off the floor."

Paul: - Not so tough now, are you? Where's your little boyfriend when you need him darlin.

Candy: - Go to hell! You sick son of a bitch! All of you, will get what you deserve. When he finds out you're finished.

"Irritated by your answer, he grins devilishly as he draws back to deliver a second blow."

Paul: - Sweet dreams pri_

"Table, chairs, food, glasses, you watch as his body made a pathway through. Loud gasps were heard coming from the guest. The man lay in a heap among other things on the polish floor."

Roman: - Babe, are you alright? What happened?

Candy: - Roman!

"He tugs you into his arms, hugging you tightly against his chest and stroking your hair gently. His gaze flickered to his mother with burning rage. "

Candy: - Your mother, she’s behind all this. She’s right over…… wait. Where is she? She was here a minute ago. We need to find her.

Alan: - Don’t worry my dear, I got her right here. She tried to escape. Didn't get very far though. What makes you think you can ruin this night for Roman. I only invited you because you're his mother.

Wendy: - Let go of me! I don't give a rats shit about both of your asses. I rightfully deserve a share in this company. You would never be here if it weren't for me Roman.

Roman: - How dare you speak those words! You are so lucky you’re a woman or I’ll beat the living shit out of you. I warned you mother, now you’re going to see how serious I am. Dad call the cops, make sure they slap her with every charge in history that they can find. Make sure she's put away for a very long time.

Alan: - Already on it son. Don't worry, she won't be bothering us for a very long time.

Wendy: - What! But she attacked me. You two are choosing sides with this homewrecker. Unbelievable!

Roman: - Well, the cameras don’t lie... Mother. Unless you have a doppelganger that did the crime and you have evidence to prove it which you clearly don't. Have a nice life rotting in jail.

Wendy: - You can’t do this to me! You hear me! I'm your mother.

Roman: - I just did. Maybe now you'll think about what you did when you're placed behind bars.

"He turns to you brushing a strand of stray hair from your face. And cups your cheek gently, stroking it with the pad of his thumb."

Roman: - Babe, let’s call it a night and go home.