twenty

07.07.22

By the time we arrived back at The Lensbury, it was already nearing two am so Sarina sent us all up to bed and gave us the following day free from training which I had never been more thankful for. 

As soon as we had reached the room we quite literally collapsed into bed and fell straight asleep, we had already showered at Old Trafford but we still had our England gear on, if I'm being honest I think we were too tired to care.

I woke up on top of the duvet with Leah next to me in the same position I found myself in, I felt so sweaty and itchy after sleeping in my England legging so the first thing I did was go for a shower.

I'm sure Leah felt the same way considering she came into the bathroom and splashed her face with water before sitting on the toilet seat and chatting with me about yesterday's game.

"It was an impressive run Ro, I'll give you that" Leah chuckled as I washed the shampoo out of my hair.

"Are we not going to mention the goal that came after the impressive run, hm?" I joined, earning another chuckle from Leah.

"The goal was okay I guess" Leah teased, making direct eye contact with me I'm guessing in an attempt to gauge my reaction. 

After finishing up in the shower I wandered over to the windows in the room, we had woken up rather early I'm assuming due to our uncomfortable state and the sun was just about to finish rising.

I pulled one of the small chairs over and sat, admiring the view of the orange and blue sky. The colours matched one another perfectly, like brush strokes of vibrant colours all in different shades. The sun shone brightly almost proud of the artwork it had made.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed Leah had also pulled up a chair to come and sit with me, bringing me a cup of tea whilst doing so.  We both stared out of the window, talking, laughing for a long while. 

A knock came at the door.

"It's open" Leah shouted, forgetting I was just sitting there in a towel. 

I signalled to her about my current state and she took the blanket that she had over her legs and threw it around me as Beth and Lucy made their way into the room. 

"Good morning our little superstar," Beth said in a sing-songy voice, coming over to kiss my head.

"How are we all feeling," Lucy asked, they had both sat down on the sofa in the room, causing Leah and I to turn our chairs over to face them. 

"I have a good feeling about this competition" I replied truthfully. 

I did have a good feeling about the Euros, we were all on top form as a team and we all had really good chemistry. I saw no reason, other than maybe the other teams, why we couldn't win.

"I actually come bearing news" Beth then said, looking rather sheepish.

"What?" Leah questioned.

"Fran had to go home, she picked up an injury in yesterday's match and Chelsea wanted her back," Lucy began.

I was devastated Fran had to go home, she deserved this trophy so much.

"Shit, are they calling anyone else up?" Leah asked, now she had her elbows on her knees intently listening.

"Yeah, Leah it's Jordan" Beth finished for Lucy.

I assumed she had meant Jordan Nobbs, but Leah's face went a strange shade of white. As if all the colour had dropped from her face. From what I had seen on Instagram she and Jordan were friends, good ones at that.