III. emotional motion sickness

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚? Felicity could not fathom how quickly her life spiraled into a mindset of survival

    𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚? Felicity could not fathom how quickly her life spiraled into a mindset of survival. Sure, she had to be strong to survive the starvation epidemic across 9 but here...here she was thrown to the wolves to be a pawn in a entertainment saga she wished never started. It was TWO days after the Opening Parade and Felicity already felt like she was burnt out. Today, the 24 tributes would start training and strategizing with their mentors personally. She had never hurt a bee, let alone a human being. Oren had better come up with some ideas to help her survive, if not win. So she could get back. To her parents. To Nine. To her dear older brother Rhydian. God she missed him right now as she started to fade back into the Training Centre.

"In two weeks, 23 of you will be dead. One of you will survive & become Panem's next glorious Victor. However, Victors aren't born inherently. No, it all starts here in the Training Centre. What being a Victor depends on is your attentiveness over this learning curve you'll experience over the next several days." The Lead Trainer says, sparking looks between the tributes. The District 1 Male, a dark brown, almost black haired boy smoothed his hair back with his fingers and chuckled in superiority. Felicity glanced her eyes his way and shifted her weight uncomfortably in the opposite direction. The LT looked at him in annoyance and that shut him right up,

"For starters, no fighting with other Tributes. You'll have loads of time to explore that route in the Arena. There will be multiple compulsory exercises but the majority of your training will be individual experimentation. My advice to you all: Don't ignore survival skills. Everyone always eyes the shiny swords but many of you will die from natural causes. 10% from infection. 20% from dehydration. Exposure to a dangerous climate can kill just as swiftly as a knife. Alright then, let"s begin!" Felicity took every word in as if it was a gulp of air. Toxic air. She was so afraid of a teenage killer coming for her but now she had to worry about the Arena itself? She could almost feel her inner brain waving the white flag of surrender.

Everyone began to disperse and gravitate towards weapons they'll be proficient with in the Games. Of course, the Careers went to the medieval wall of swords, knifes, and spears. Well, that counts her out of that area. Felicity looked at the entanglement of wires on the far corner, meant for technology training and problem solving but she saw District 3 and District 5 taking turns on it, possibly making pregame alliances. Was that even allowed? She didn't want to know.

Suddenly, she saw Tobias gravitate towards Rock Climbing wall. She guessed it would do him well to practice that to gain some agility which he obviously lacked due to his young age and inexperience. It would also keep him out of practicing combat, though. It was a blessing and a curse as he could maintain his innocence yet he would be unprepared if he was met at the blunt end of a spear. She also saw a blonde, curly haired teenage girl make a sprint towards it as well, however she seemed to do it so she would master chasing people if the terrain the Tributes were given were favorable. Career...