Chapter 8: Traumas Triggered

Chapter 8

"I can't believe you're actually here to rebuild a bedroom." Nut looked at Fang who had been in the middle of pulling out the debris by the bed, "I'm pretty sure Captain Solar wasn't being serious when he told you to do construction."

Fang grunted as he wrenched out one of the burnt metals wedged between the headboards, "Even if he wasn't. I could tell he was being serious about the whole "action speaks louder than apologies" spiel."

"Ah... well. He is a man of logic." Nut joked, "But what are you apologizing for? You helped take down the criminals, right? Damages like these are to be expected."

"Err- well I was a clutz and ended up doing most of this damage." Fang said hastily and went back to gathering more metal plates to replace, "Besides, the jerk wouldn't stop reminding me how much he misses his old room."

"Huh." Nut paused from pulling out the wires of the security panel he had been working on, "That's funny."

"What is?" Fang frowned as he turned to the mechanic, "Something wrong with his lock?"

"No," Nut went back to burying his hands into the circuitry, "I just thought it's weird he'd say something like that when he never comes to this room."

"What?! But his things are here!" Fang aggressively pressed the switch to his closet as proof.

He was also trying not to be suspicious as to how he had known that tiny bit of information.

"I usually hang out at the laboratory during my spare time or if I need an opinion in some new equipment I'm building with the other scientists." Nut stood up and walked over to the open closet,

"Most of the time I'd run into Caha- I mean, Captain Solar and there was this one time I caught him sleeping there next to his experiments! So I tried waking him up to get him back to his room, but he said he hated it there and would usually sleep in the laboratory or in his office."

Nut kneeled down and pulled out the dusty looking books from inside the drawers to analyze them, "He used to read these before he became Captain. I guess now I know where they ended up."

Then it hit Fang like a ton of bricks.

The reason why Solar's room had been the total opposite of his and Kaizo's...

It made sense now why the luxurious quarters had been so clean and free of clutter and papers which a usually busy Captain was surrounded with.

And now that he thought about it, for someone who was obviously a perfectionist like Solar, he should've been angrier that his room was trashed, and yet- he had been unnervingly calm about it the whole time they talked about the break-in.

"Wait..." Fang dropped the metal plate he had been carrying "So he's been pulling my leg this whole time?!"

Because apparently, his room had only been some sort of storage unit for his old things!

"I'm afraid so, my friend." Nut said sympathetically as he placed the book back, only to freeze when he caught sight of a familiar cap while the other took a deep breath, trying to stave off the need to punch a certain Captain for like the hundredth time since he became a part of his team.

"I swear when I'm around that selfish narcissist, I end up looking like an idiot!" Fang scowled as he kicked the debris, "Whenever I try to do him a favor it just gets thrown right to my face. No wonder he doesn't have his brothers-"

"Hey, don't be like that, Fang." Nut frowned at him disapprovingly, "There are two sides of that story and the only side you've heard are from rumors."