Just One Night

A/N:

A few words before I began, if you are a MaxNat/ZeeNunew fan and can't take the four of them being shipped to someone else other than their canon/original pair please don't read this story.

This is an AU where Zee like his character in Cutie Pie is the owner of the bar named Pentagon and Max, who is also his friend is one of its investors. Nat will be mentioned here but not NuNew. Or maybe I will if I can work it out.

Also, in this story, Max's original name is Adam.

--

The story will be told in a third-person point-of-view. Now, without further disclaimers . . . on to the story . . .

***

"Just one night. Please. I won't ask for anything else." Max proposed as he pleadingly looked Zee in the eye. He was on his knees in one of the very few, spacious VIP lounges on the second floor of Zee's bar, Pentagon.

"W-what are you doing, Adam?! I mean Max." Zee asked surprised and choking at the same time. He was drinking his second glass of wine when his friend decided to kneel in front of him.

"Just one night. Nothing more, nothing less." Max repeated his request.

"Dude, if you want to reserve Pentagon for a night just say so. No need to kneel. Get on up or people will start to notice." Zee said as he puts down his glass of wine and tries to lift his friend up. Adam or rather Max his friend can get a bit crazy sometimes, but if Zee felt like he's seen everything there is to his friend, Max is about to prove him wrong.

Still Max let himself be lifted up and he sat beside Zee in the long, soft couch. And with apparent difficulty and hesitation opened his pretty mouth once more.

"No, it's not Pentagon I'm reserving." Max began explaining.

"What do you mean?" Zee asked while reaching out to his wine again.

"I'm referring to you, Zee. I need you to spend a night with me." Max said but not before taking a deep breath and gulping down his 10th glass that night.

"Uhm s-sure. But what's the deal? Are we celebrating something or you're going to propose to someone? And more importantly, why didn't I know? Dude, you're one secretive guy." Zee bombards Max with an avalanche of questions totally misunderstanding him.

"No, it's not like that. We're not celebrating anything. Neither am I proposing to anyone." Max said as he tries to clear the misunderstanding while sweating bullets and doing his best to stop his hand from shaking too much.

"Then what's going on?" Zee inquired, completely lost in the conversation.

"Just like I said, let me spend a night with you. . ."

Zee looks at Max expectantly. Swirling his wine glass. Patiently waiting for his friend to say what he has to say.

"Like lovers do." Max finally finished. Determination brimming in his eyes.

Zee who had taken another sip of his drink spurted the dark, red liquid to his friend's face. And Max had to take a handkerchief out to wipe himself.

"What in the-"

"I know, it's crazy." Max said, head down while both of his hands were pulling his hairs out. The wine-stained cloth thrown somewhere in the table.

"Max, stop it. You'll be bald. Are you that drunk? Should we call it a night and call your driver to pick you up?" Zee suggested wholly unconvinced his friend seriously meant what he said.

"I wish I was but I'm totally sober right now."

Zee eyed him suspiciously.

"Alright. Maybe not totally sober but I swear I still know what I'm saying." Max said trying his hardest to convince his friend.

"Really, now? Is this a prank? Aren't we too old for this? I mean, it doesn't show but come on, it's not even April Fools Day."

"Should I kiss you to prove I'm not kidding?" Max asked as he turned to look Zee in the eyes once more. He also started inching his way towards his friend.

"Woah, woah. Calm your horses." Zee said after Max started getting a little too close for comfort. "You're scaring me, Ai'Max."

Zee was holding off Max from getting even closer to him by pushing him by his shoulders.

Then all of a sudden, Max collapsed in Zee's arms, apparently blacked out from having drunk too much.

"Max? Hey? Oi Max?! Don't tell me . . . Ugh not this again." Zee let out exasperated sigh at his drunk friend.

Pushing the drunk guy off of him, Zee gestured to one of his staffs as he carried Max to the back door. There, his driver was waiting with the door to the back of his car opened.

Zee instructed Max's driver to take his friend home safely and to care for him. He really didn't have to but he still did anyway. Like a habit. A part of his system he can't easily take away. And like what he always does on nights like this, he stood there until the car turned left and it can no longer be seen.

"You really know how to leave me high and dry." Zee said with a bitter smile.

--

A/N:

No hate please.