The Night

A/N:

I'm probably going to mess this up.

***

Zee is a man of his words.

Scratch that.

He USED to be was more appropriate.

Scratch that again.

He is. He still is. Or more like trying. With every ounce of determination he can muster in his half-undressed state.

Zee just finished a 30-minute (unusually long) shower after he and Max went back to his place.

Presently, he is waiting on the bed, a towel tightly wrapped around his waist. While Max is taking his sweet time in the shower.

If this was before the tiger 'thing' happened, Zee would have shouted to his friend that they don't have all day to shower and for his friend to step on the gas and just be done with it. But as it stands today, Zee is more than willing to let Max spend an eternity in the bathroom and Zee could not care less.

However there is no such thing as forever so after almost an hour or so, Max emerged from the shower, also half undressed with only the towel on his wet, freshly soaped body.

Zee turned to his direction and swallowed hard before quickly turning his back to him like it's the most unnatural thing to do.

You promised to be his tiger. Don't act like one scaredy cat. Zee hissed internally.

"Having second thoughts?" Max asked as he slowly walked to him and sat on the same bed. They are both on the same side but Max opted to sit with his back turned to his friend.

Zee was looking at the most interesting bedside table in his entire life while Max is fiddling with the bed sheet at the foot of the bed.

"N-no. Of course no." Was Zee's answer.

"I can always-" Max wanted to give his friend a way out but Zee was quick to interrupt him.

"No! Don't do it again. Don't find someone else. Please. I'll be the one." Zee's tone was half-firm, half-begging Max as he turned to his friend. Max did the same and they are now looking at each other. "Just tell me what you want me to do. And what you don't want me to." Zee said earnestly. And nervously if he was being honest.

Max is at a lost. Sure the two of them were not inexperienced virgins but hey, they only played with women before. This is a completely different ball game for them.

Still, knowing they had to start somewhere to get this going, Max said the first thing that came to mind.

"Kiss me."

Zee complied and gave him a quick, tentative peck. He then pulled out and glanced at Max to check for his reaction.

Max can't help the chuckle that came out of him after that.

"What is that? Surely, you can do better, right?"

Feeling his pride trampled on, Zee went back and slammed their lips together and gave Max an open-mouthed kiss. Like a tiger to his prey, Zee devoured Max lips. Kissing them with a passion. Hands on both sides of Max' face as if claiming him only for himself.

Zee also bit his lower lip and when Max gasped, took it as an opportunity to explore his mouth with his tongue. Zee was drinking him in. Kissing him like today was the only thing that's real and that tomorrow is a faraway, uncertain fantasy.

When the need for air can no longer be dismissed, Max pushed Zee.

"Wait."

***

A/N:

I welcome constructive criticisms.