Paranoid Part 2

Tord was stroking Tom’s hair, whispering “Good boy, it’s going to be okay, you’re doing so good, good kitten.” Tom’s breathing was ragged. He fucking hated needles. But Tord's words were so soothing. It was kinda weird, like he wasn’t being his normally horny self, he's just been a giant teddy bear, which Tom doesn't mind, but it's a little out of character.

“Okay, we’re done.” The doctor said placing an ice pack on Tom’s head and wrapped small gauze around his elbow were where they had drawn his blood from. The tears that were in his eyes finally slid down his cheeks as he let out a sigh, but he was going to leave this room before they got any ideas. When he tried to sit up he started hyperventilating. “Tom, we need you to lay back down, you might pass out.” The doctor said, “N-no… I have too… I have to get out of h-here.”

The doctor snapped her fingers and one of the nurses left, when he came back he had a needle. Tom panicked and tried to shoot out of the hospital bed, he had some weird type of fear strength that made it hard to keep him still. At this point Tord was behind the small boy holding his hands and having his body rest against his, he tried keeping the boy calm but clearly it wasn’t enough.

“I-I-I thought w-we were d-done with the n-needles!” His panic worsened, he started squirming in Tord’s arms. “Let go of me!” He yelled. Tord managed to hold his left arm still enough for the nurse to shoot whatever was in the needle straight through his veins, suddenly he felt his heart rate drop tremendously, and he felt really tired, and dopey. His breathing was still harsh but there wasn't much they could do about it. Tord kissed the boy's forehead as the nurses hooked him up to a heart monitor to keep track of his heart beat.

“W-what was that?” He slurred his words slightly. “It was a sedative, it helps keep you calm.” Tord said, wiping the tears off Tom’s cheeks. “It’s okay, pumpkin. You’re okay.” Tom huffed, the world feeling fuzzy, warm and soft. He felt like he was being cuddled by Tord in a feather stuffed blanket, he felt really nice.  But he still had his guard up, still trying to squirm out of Tord’s grip. Tom leaned his head against Tords hand, loving being touched. Tord looked up at the doctor. “Are they okay?” The doctor turned on the monitor, and opened one of the bottles, squirting some of the gel on her fingers. “I’m not sure, but you need to keep him calm, his anxiety levels are way too high and could cause severe damage to both of them.” What are they talking about? Tom thought, the words were really fuzzy. He started to panic when he felt the doctor lift up the hoodie he was wearing, he tried to fight her, pulling the hoodie back down and tiredly swatting her hands away, then he heard Tord laugh.

The Norse took Tom’s hands and held them above the boy's chest. “That sedative was the strongest one we have and his heart rate is already rising at a fast rate.” Tom whined when he felt the gel get smeared on his lower abdomen, letting out little distressed cries which caused Tord’s heart to hurt. “It’s okay baby, it's okay. There’s no need to panic. I’m right here.”

Tom started to sob, despite still being high he was very scared. Tord kissed his cheeks, trying to calm him down, then showered his face in kisses. All while this was happening the doctor was inspecting him, feeling around his abdomen then using the little wand thing to see what was going on inside. Tord was looking at the screen just like the doctor was, and the poor thing sobbed even harder. “Yep, they’re okay, they are nice and healthy. Both baby and mom.” Tom had officially lost it. He cried so hard saying “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Over and over again, little hiccups and sniffles breaking his slurred words. Tord huffed with a sad but understanding look. “It’s okay honey, why are you apologizing?”

Tears streamed down the small boy's cheeks as Tord handed him a tissue because of his runny nose. “I-I didn’t tell y-you. I-I-I thought you would l-leave me!” Tord wiped his tears away. “I already knew honey, I’ve known even before I saw you again. That’s why I need you here, so I can keep you both safe.” Tord said sweetly, rubbing Tom's forehead and giving him kisses. “Y-you knew?” His sobbing turned into small sniffles, finally calming down. Tord kissed the bridge of Tom’s nose then nodded.

“Of course I did. I know that I’m responsible for you both. Do you want to know the gender?” He held Tom’s hand and rubbed his knuckles. Tom shyly nodded. The doctor went looking for the answer once Tord looked her dead in the eyes. “It appears that it’s… a boy? But…” she seemed confused. "I think it's a boy but… it's also female? I think they're just like mom."  She said sweetly and Tord just smiled, pulling Tom into a sweet kiss. “See? Everything is going to be okay, kitten.” Tom smiled. “Everything will be okay…”