Chapter 1 : The beginning of Hate

“Sign it here, Mam.”

Handing over the file to the young and beautiful woman, the old man handed her a pen in her dainty and slender fingers. 

The young woman in her twenties held the pen in her fingers and looked over the document with the heading ‘divorce’ and with the highlighted date 24 October, 2014.

 With a smirk on her lips, her eyes traced all the words written on the documents as she stopped when she read her own name ‘Jasmine’ on the document. 

Suddenly her smirk disappeared and her lips formed a straight line. She gave the pen in her hand one last squeeze as she finally brought the pen just below her name. 

Just as she was going to sign the document, someone grabbed her wrist as an attempt to stop her from signing it. 

Her eyes shot up to see who attempted to stop her as she saw her best friend ‘Bliss’ standing there with tears in her eyes. Her hand was visibly shaking as she held Jasmine’s wrist.

“Bliss? What are yo—"

“Jaz.....think about this again......are you sure you want to do this? Please just one more time, think about it.” 

Bliss looked really distressed as she pleaded her best friend to think about her decision. There was a second of visible hesitation in Jasmine’s eyes but she quickly drew in a deep breath and tightly closed her eyes and once she opened them again, her eyes were full of determination, though no words came out of Jasmine’s mouth. She just squeezed her best friend’s hand one last time to assure her that it was her final decision as she held her breath and once again brought the pen on the sign box. 

“Jaz....” Bliss again tried to stop her best friend but this time, Jasmine harshly looked at her and said,

“Bliss, be quite now. This is my final decision. I am not gonna tolerate being that jerk’s wife even a second more.” 

There was a look of disgust in Jasmine’s eyes as she said the word ‘Jerk’.

“at least....wait till he gets here.....”.

Hearing this Jasmine flinched a little but soon she muttered under her breath, 

“I......can’t.... I know.....I won’t be able to.....sign this...”

Saying that she quickly moved the pen and signed the papers. 

J A S M. E V A N. As she drew the last stroke of N on the paper, her vision blurred completely as a layer of transparency filled her vision. She pushed her chair out to stand up with her vision still from an unknown reason. As soon as she stood up she was engulfed by her red-headed best friend into a hug. 

That’s when she suddenly blinked and felt hot tears flowing down her cheeks and that’s when she realised that she was crying. Is that why she felt her chest aching as she felt her fingertips going cold. 

‘Its done......its over now’, she thought as she hugged her best friend tightly. 

After a few minutes jasmine was the first one to pull away from the hug and looked at the old man.

“Hand me the contact papers.”  

“Mrs---Mam, Sir is on his way and will be home in a minute. He advised me to not hand you the contract papers yet. So, I am afraid I--”

“Hand. Me. The. Contract. Papers.”

The old man looked a bit hesitant but when he looked at Jasmine’s eyes, he couldn’t deny it and handed a file with the tag ‘Marriage contract’ with it.