-Chap. 2 The proposal?-

It's happening! Guys he's on his way here. I'm not prepared. Do I look ok? Do you think the eyeliner is too much?" George asks panicked out of his mind.
"Relax George, you've known Ninja for so long. He'll like you in whatever don't worry." Wilbur reassures.
"You're right Wilbur he's liked me just the way I am for yea-" the door bell rings
"Oh my god I'm so nervous." George continues
"Here's your bag George. Everything will be fine." Tubbo says with a smile as he chews his gum.
Ranboo opens the door and Ninja steps through in a clean black suit and some tinted aviator sunglasses.

~at the restaurant~

"Well I think we both know why we're are here George." Ninja starts and George nods with a smile.
"I guess that calms my fear about what's coming next." Ninja continues "You know how my family has pushed me closer to the goal of me becoming a lawyer and one day a senator and that's my future's focus. I just don't know where to fit you in, George."
"Find a way. We can work it out together, promise." George says immediately
"I wasn't finished George, hold on. My dreams are big. They involve a lot more of what we have right now."
"Then we can have more. Don't you want more with me?" George pleads, desperate for Ninja to get to the point.
"George you know I love you very much and life with you would be amazing but I talked with my parents and right now you don't have a place in my future. For me to chase those dreams, and really focus on them I need to break up with you." Ninja finished with a sigh
"What! But.., I thought you were proposing to me. What happened. Where did I go wrong?" George says desperately as he stands from his seat.
"George look, if I'm going to be a senator when I thirty in need somebody serious, less of a Marilyn, more of Jackie. Just somebody classy and not too tacky." He explains
"WHAT! Am I tacky?" George cries
"Ok, that came out wrong. George we have to be strong. I thought we knew all along that this wasn't going to work out. We want two different things." Ninja says as he watched George grab his things.
"Ninja you said you love me but I don't know if I can trust that anymore. When both your dreams and me are possible and you choose to ignore me and focus on your stuff; it- it makes me feel unloved. I may not be serious enough for you and your 'big dreams' but I am seriously I love with you. Why can't you see that?" George walks off sniffling into a tissue from his bag. Ninja is left at the table pondering over his decision. One that was heavily influenced by his parents.

Was it the right one?

(Hooray Serious is done! Sorry it's short but I'm not too good at angst. Just wait for legally blonde the song 😭)