𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐝

Third Person POV:

The arena was completely full come sundown. Ozai watched on from the sidelines. He'd left Azula with Lo and Li, this wasn't something a child needed to see. He knew his Father was a prodigy and now a very skilled firebender. Against anyone else, he would win. 

However, Ursa was extremely powerful and was also very skilled. But most importantly she had a motive to win. Azulon had no such need to win. She was doing this for their son who'd been taken from them too young.

As the fire flew, Ozai saw Azulon's confidence begin to shatter. He clearly hadn't been expecting Ursa to fight back so much. He'd clearly thought she'd have given up by now, but with every stick she seemed to throw out more and more fury.

Before anyone knew what was happening, Azulon was flat on his back, a flaming hand over his face. He attempted to sweep out Ursa's leg to knock her down, but his plan didn't work. Instead her flaming fists collided with the Firelord's skin.

He yelled in pain. However Ursa didn't kill him. No, she let the burn go deep, but not deep enough to kill, no she wanted him to feel pain for what he'd done.

She stepped back from the burned Firelord, her glare no less intense than it had been at the start of the fight. The Fire Sage who'd been presiding over the Agni Kai, gripped Ursa's arm and lifted it into the air.

"I present to you your new Firelord: Firelord Ursa!"

---------------

Ursa kept up the cold mask all through the coronation that night. Through tucking Azula into bed that night. Through the walk back to hers and Ozai's rooms.

Only once the door closed did Ursa finally let that mask fall. She collapsed into her husband's arms and sobbed for the loss of their son.