𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

(A/N: Lu Ten lives!) 

Third Person POV:

The moment General Iroh's ship docked back in the Fire Nation, he was immediately met by his younger brother and a number of guards. General Iroh had expected to be met with glory after finally conquering Ba Sing Se. The city that had nearly stolen his son from him. His greatest goal; his destiny for years. 

After all his father had always said that once the Fire Nation took the great city, they'd be unstoppable. That it would be the greatest honor their nation could ever have and the one who completed the task would be granted that highest honor. 

Needless to say, he hadn't expected to be arrested right on sight. Especially, being arrested by his own brother.

He was brought before the Firelord to face trial for his crime, whatever that was, according to Ozai. He tried to get his brother to see reason, but he refused to listen, taking long strides to reach the throne room.

Inside, Ursa sat behind the wall of fire, her face impassive. 

Iroh hadn't been the biggest fan of his sister-in-law in recent years.

At first she'd struggled with the nation as the nobles had been loyal to Firelord Azulon. Both she and Ozai had fought numerous Agni Kais, all of which were won, in order to gain the supporters they needed. But as time continued on their support grew as the Fire Nation once again began to prosper under Ursa's rule, just as it had when Sozin had started the war.

The difference was she wanted to stop the war. And the people supported her.

Iroh found it insane. They were so close to winning and she just wanted to give up. So Iroh had done what was necessary to ensure that the Fire Nation wouldn't meet defeat. 

"General Iroh," Ursa began, "You've been brought in on the offense of taking over the Earth Kingdom city of Ba Sing Se. Do you agree with this?"

That's what this was about. "I did it for the Fire Nation."

"You nearly restarted the war we are attempting to end. You're lucky I've already begun communications with King Kuei in regards to returning Ba Sing Se to complete Earth Kingdom leadership and removing your soldiers from the city." Ursa paused for a moment as if contemplating something before continuing again. 

"General Iroh, I strip you of your titles. You will spend your days in prison until you truly see what's wrong with this war."

Iroh couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was the true heir to the Fire Nation. He couldn't be sent to prison. He should be the one on that throne, not his brother's wife. 

She'd only risen to power because of her own hatred towards his father. She'd been so blinded by her rage in the loss of her son that she'd taken that anger out on his father. 

"You can't do this."

She didn't meet his eyes, instead waving over the guards. They took his arms behind his back, cuffing them together. He knew he'd get nothing out of Ursa, instead he tried to reason with his brother.

"Ozai, you can't let her do this to me. I'm your brother."

Ozai stared at him before speaking. "I will not argue with the Firelord's decision. Her word is law. I will follow her command, whatever that may be."

Iroh stared in horror. She'd brainwashed him. The Ozai he'd known wouldn't say that. "Ozai, think of your son-" he saw the grief pass his brother's eyes "-would he want you to do this."

Ursa cut in before Ozai could answer. "Take him away," he could hear the anger in her voice. "I don't want to see his face for some time."

Iroh fought against the guards, reaching for his fire, only to find it completely blocked. He looked back to see some strange dark cuffs around his wrists. He'd remembered seeing something like these as just a prototype. He'd never thought that bending-suppressant cuffs would end up being a real thing.

He was dragged out of the throne room and to the Caldera prison where he'd wait out who knows how long while his brother's wife destroyed all that the Fire Nation had worked to build over the last 100 years.

And when she failed, Iroh would be the one to fix it.