CHAPTER 3

проклятие = damn

Красивый = beautiful 

------------------------------------------------------

Not even two hours after you wake up in the morning, Steve gathers you and the rest of the team to talk about Ultron. It's pretty normal for Steve to call meetings randomly. You were not expecting, however, Steve to show you a picture of a dead man's body as soon as he began.

"What's this?" Tony asks. "A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve answers. "No shit." You murmur as you push your coffee cup away from you, too disturbed to drink anymore of it. Your dad picks it up and takes a sip before saying, " And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us."

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha questions, folding her arms in front of her chest. "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve replies.

"Yeah, I bet he..." Nat pauses to look at the computer monitor, "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased."

"Not everything." Your dad says. Soon, you're pulling out boxes, looking through the physical files you have on Strucker. "Known associates." Steve starts looking through a box with Bruce, "Well, Strucker had a lot of friends." He adds, staring at all the files in the box.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce says as he picks up a file. "Wait, I know that guy." Your dad claims. Bruce hands over the file and your dad continues, "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Steve gives him an accusing look, "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything." Tony defends himself.

You peek over your dads shoulder to see the file, "Ulysses Klaue..." You read the man's name out loud. "He was talking about finding something new, a game changer, it was all very 'Ahab.' " Your dad says.

Thor points to a scar on the back of Ulysses' neck, "What's this?" He asks Tony.

"Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it–" Thor interrupts your father, shaking his head in disagreement. "No, those are tattoos," Thor points to some of Ulysses' ink tattoos, "This is a brand." He points to the scar.

Banner identifies the brand on Klaue's neck on the computer in a matter of minutes. "Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way." He explains.

" What dialect?" Steve asks him curiously.

" Wakanda...? Wa–Wa–Wakanda...?" Bruce tries to pronounce the name of the dialect as he reads it off the computer screen.

Tony and Steve look at each other knowingly, "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony starts. "I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve furrows his eyebrows, looking at Tony in question.

" Hang on, what's in Wakanda?" You speak as you fold your arms across your chest. Your dad turns to Steve's shield and says, "The strongest metal on earth."

" Where is this guy now?" Steve asks Tony.

====

In Salvage Yard, African Coast; Klaue is talking on the phone in his office. "Don't tell me your man swindled you. I sent you six short range heat seekers and got a boat full of rusted parts. Now, you will make it right, or the next missile I send you will come very much faster." He ends the call and then connects to another call, "Now, minister, where were we–?"

Suddenly the lights go out causing a commotion in the salvage yard and cutting off Klaue's phone call. Klaue looks around in the darkness cautiously and reaches over to grab the gun sitting on his desk. Something catches his eye and he takes a few slow steps forward before firing into the darkness. In a flash he's yanked back, the gun pulled from his hand in the process. Pietro stands behind him with his arms crossed as Klaue looks down at his desk, the gun he had been previously holding now taken apart, each bullet standing up on the table.