Chapter 4

SALONI'S POV

27 June 2022

DEHRADUN

"Ma'am please wait for a minute. I'll call her." The School Manager said and went away in the direction of classrooms.

I reached Dehradun at ten in the morning and went straight away to a hotel to take a small nap. Then I came to the school and finished all the formalities for the transfer.

After waiting a few minutes, I saw my daughter running towards me with a bag on her shoulder. 

"Mumma!" She shouted and hugged me.

I embraced her in a tight hug and started sobbing.

"Mumma, why are you crying?" She pulled back and asked wiping my eyes with her little hands.

I took her palms in my hands and kissed them.

"Just saw you after so long, that's why I started crying? And tell me, how is my daughter?" I asked her caressing her cheeks. 

"Missed you so much, Mumma"

"Me too, baby."

"By the way... Why did the teacher say that you have come to pick me up?"

"Because I have come to take you away from here. You won't be here anymore."

"But mumma, I've made a lot of friends here. And what about Daddy? Is he still out of India?"

"I know Aarna, but you have to understand. Rest I'll explain to you afterward. You go and say goodbye to your teachers, then I'll go bring your luggage from your room."

Finally, after everything we are back to my hotel room. It's time to tell my baby everything.

"Listen baby... come sit down." 

We sat down on the bed and I started talking.

"So... first about your dad. Beta, me and your Daddy are no longer together."

"What do you mean?" She asked frowning.

"We are divorced."

"What?"

"Yes baby and reason... I can't tell you now. Once you'll get a little older then I'll tell you."

"So... I can not see him anymore. I mean I haven't really seen him in real but now no more video calls also?"

"Just once a year, whenever he would have time. And about video calls, you can call him whenever you like. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Now about changing your school. I no longer stay in Chandigarh. I have shifted to Mumbai."

"Oh..."

"Yeah... and I want my baby close to me."

"So, I will be in a boarding in Mumbai."

"No, In Mumbai, they have a normal school of your school only."

"Okay..."

"Are you excited about your new journey?"

"I think so... as long as I'm away from Dadi and Bhua, I'm happy."

"Great... now one more thing. Do you remember about your Mama, I told you about?"

"Yeah a little bit of your stories, don't really remember the face."

"Okay... no problem because you will meet him tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Yes. We will be living with them."

"Them?"

"Yes, with your Mama and soon-to-be Mami."

"That's cool, Mumma."

"Now, come. We will explore this place."

"Yay!"

################################################################################################################################################################