Chapter 6

ANIRUDH'S POV

4 July 2022

MUMBAI

"Ani..." Shouted my mom from behind as I was going out for my work.

"What Maa?" I questioned even though I knew why she was calling me.

"What is this daily drama? Goes out of the house on an empty stomach. Work work work... Do you understand anything else apart from work? Come on, have breakfast first and then I will let you step out of this house." She scolded.

I huffed and went towards the dining table.

Maa came and served me the plate.

"Ahhhhhhh!" She twisted my ears.

"When will you be responsible, Ani? This very childishness of yours has taken you once, now that's it."

"Mother, if someone does not like my nature then that is their problem, not mine. Why should I change myself for them?"

Now I seriously lost my appetite.

"Bye Maa, I've done. I am going."

With that, I came out of the house and waited for the lift to come up. It is one of the private lifts that I share only with Vipin, my best friend cum neighbor.

As I was waiting for the lift. A woman, a few years younger than me came out of Vipin's house. I think she's Vipin's sister who Vipin always talks about.

She came and stood near me waiting for her lift.

She was looking ethereal in her kurta.

"Hey..." I greeted.

She looked towards me and smiled.

"Oh hey! Sorry I didn't see you." She said.

Our lift arrived and we entered.

"You must be Vipin's sister, right?" I asked her.

"Yes... You know me?" She was surprised.

"Vipin told me about you. I'm Anirudh...-" Before I could introduce myself further, she spoke.

"Oh... Anirudh, as in Vipin's best friend Anirudh."

"Yes... The same Anirudh. By the way, what's your name?" I asked as Vipin never told me her name as he always calls her doll.

"Oh sorry... Hi, I'm Saloni Bhatia." She forwarded her hand.

I took her hand in mine and shook it. "Hello Saloni, I'm Anirudh Sharma."

We smiled at each other.

"So... where you going?" I asked her.

"Work."

"So you started working?"

"Yes..."

"Vipin told me you wanted to become an actor," I asked.

"Yeah... but not every dream can come true, right?"

I didn't know what to say, so I nodded.

We exited the elevator. 

"Listen... " She said.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

"For what?" I asked.

"For helping my brother, when he needed it. For there for him every single day." 

"There is nothing to thank for. He also did a lot for me."

She smiled. She has such a beautiful smile.

"You know... Vipin missed you a lot. He told me whatever he was doing, is only for his doll. Please don't hate him."

"No... never. I can never hate him. Not in my entire life. He has done a lot for me since Mumma Papa died. Even though he didn't contact me after my marriage, he was not at fault." She said emotionally.

"He is a good man."

"Yeah...He is. I think I should go now." She said.

"Yeah... bye. It was nice to meet you." I said.

"you too. See you later."

With that, she sat in Vipin's car which the driver was driving, and went away.

################################################################################################################################################################