Chapter 6: Advice For The Young At Heart

The Wild Boys went into the dark lab which was only lit up by LED lights. "This place is scary," Susanna said. Bryan then used his powers to form light on his hand. "Hey, come here," a female voice said. Bryan turned the light towards the woman who was calling them. She's seemingly slim and of average height and she has red hair and green eyes. "Who are you?" Larry asked. "I'll tell you, just get in, we don't want anyone finding you," the woman said. The Wild Boys then looked at Bob. "I don't think we can trust her," Bob said. Roland then used his telepathy to make sure she's telling the truth. "She's telling the truth," Roland said. "Okay fine, just get in," Bob said. Everyone went into the room, making sure that they were hidden from the IRA. That's where they saw Gary for the first time.

He's still asleep but he's connected to many wires, tubes and machines. He is connected to a ventilator via a tracheostomy, a feeding tube as well as IVs. "Oh my goodness," Martin said, going up to Gary and breaking down in tears. "Who are you?" Bono asked. "I'm Dr Lynch, Gary's doctor, you must be the Wild Boys the IRA are up against, right?" Dr Lynch asked. "Yeah, that's us," Adam said. "What are you gonna do to us?" John (Keeble) asked. "Nothing, I just wanna tell you guys that Gary should wake up soon, he's been in a coma for 4 months now but his brain damage and broken bones have shown improvement," Dr Lynch said, showing a folder of all his x-rays and CT scan imagery of his bones and brain respectively. "His brain looks so damaged," Steve (Norman) said.

"But it has miraculously healed too, same for the bones, now we need him to wake up," Dr Lynch said. Chris then went up to Gary and then used his healing powers on him. Even though Gary also did bad things to him, he forgave him anyway. "Chris, what are you doing?" Jez asked. "Oh my goodness, his eyes, he really is a blue-eyed Halargian," Dr Lynch said. After a while of healing, Chris' eyes went back to normal but he became exhausted. Roger was able to catch him before he collapsed on the ground. "You alright?" Roger asked. Just before Chris could answer, Gary's eyes fluttered open. "What happened?" Gary rasped out. "Gary!" Martin said. "Martin?" Gary asked. "Yeah man, that's me," Martin said. Everyone was relieved that Gary was still alive.

"Gary, thank goodness you're awake, let's see if we could get you moving," Dr Lynch said. Being careful with the ventilator, Dr Lynch began doing physiotherapy onto Gary but he was surprisingly doing it well. He was even able to sit up by himself even though he just woke up. He was even talking again too even though he had a tracheostomy. Dr Lynch was impressed by his recovery even after a traumatic brain injury. However, when Gary was off the ventilator, he felt ringing on both ears. "Hey, you alright?" Martin asked. "He's becoming deaf," Larry said. "I can't hear you anymore," Gary said. "I got it," Nicky said, taking out stuff from his backpack. "What is he doing?" Gary asked. Curt then used sign language to try to tell Gary that Nicky was creating hearing aids for him.

However, Gary didn't understand what Curt was trying to say. Roger then placed his hand on Gary's head and then used his automatic writing powers to try to tell him what Curt was going to tell him. "Ohh, okay," Gary said. "I guess we also have to teach Gary how to use sign language," Dr Lynch said. "Don't worry, I'll teach you," Curt said. While Curt was teaching Gary how to do sign language, Nicky was busy creating a pair of hearing aids for him. "So whenever you put the volume of the hearing aids to the max, you can have enhanced hearing, right?" Larry asked. "Yeah, the same powers as Paul," Nicky said. "Ohh so Paul is your inspiration behind these things," Nick said. "That's true," Paul said. "He helped stand up for me against Morrissey and he's my inspiration now," Nicky said.

"Yup," Paul said. After a while of making the hearing aids, Nicky finally finished it so he gave them to Gary. He already had the hearing aids turned on so that he could know if Gary could hear him. "Okay, can you hear me now?" Nicky asked. "Yes, I can finally hear, thank you, Nicky," Gary said. "No problem," Nicky said. "But I don't understand why you are so nice to me even after how badly I treated you. Same for all of you," Gary said. "We forgave you a long time ago," Simon said. "Where am I though?" Gary asked. "You're in Ireland," Bono said. "Wait, really?" Gary asked. "Yeah, not a good way to say 'welcome to Ireland' though," Larry said. "I think I can discharge you now and disconnect you from everything though I'm not sure if you can handle not being on the trach yet, sorry," Dr Lynch said.