Two

Stumbling up onto the curb of the pathway outside my house, I clumsily turned around to see if Van had noticed. He had. Typical. I laughed, embarrassed at my actions as we quietly walked to the front of my house, as a knowing smirk teased his lips. Finally, as we reached the end of the street, I stopped at my door and turned waiting for Van to catch up with my step. When he had, he looked at the building then back at me before he stuck his hand out as if for me to shake it. This time, I took the offer and shook it as he laughed quietly before speaking. "I guess this is it then."

"Hmm yeh." I mumbled, smiling at the ground. "See you around?" Raising an eyebrow in question, I slowly looked back to meet his soft gaze as he nodded. "Definitely love. You're class company, gotta give you that!"

"You're not bad yourself McCann."

"Love, you don't wanna get cheeky with me, with the surnames an all, I don't even know yours." He said cheekily, grinning like an idiot.

"Yeh, well..." I started, drifting off back into the silence that erupted around us once again. "Look, I need to go but uh yeh thanks for the walk." As I walked back to my front door, I turned around expecting a 'see yous around' or a 'goodbye' but as I did, he stood there looking at me thinking. "What?" I questioned wondering what was up as he ran a hand nervously through his hair as he looked around the silent street. "Van?" He flicked his eyes back up to mine as he licked his lips quickly. "Uh look, can I 'ave ya number? Not like for a stupid reason, just like to know you're okay and that in the mornin'?" He carried on rambling as if he were nervous all of a sudden. Not the smooth guy I'd seen earlier this evening then.

"Yeh, I guess." I butted in as he looked at me wondering whether he heard me correct.

"You sure, just save mine too so yous know who it is..." I walked back over to him slowly as we swapped phones and entered numbers into knew contacts. As he gave me my phone back, our hands brushed- typical - and I quickly drew my hand back suddenly, looking down at my phone screen, suddenly laughing at the name he'd put as himself in my contacts.

"What?" He said smirking as he placed his phone back into his jacket pocket.

"Van the man? Seriously?"

"What about it love?"

"Ugh, slightly cringey but it'll have to suffice for now..." Brushing a piece of my blonde hair away from my face, I clutched my leather jacket to my body in order to warm myself from the cool wind which had suddenly picked up. "See you then, McCann." It was my turn to smirk as I walked up to my front door, opening it as I put my keys back into my pocket. "Yeh whatever love." I heard him shout as he laughed, probably doing his stupidly annoying boyish grin. I had time just to stick my finger up at him just before I closed my front door. As I flung my jacket onto the nearest chair, I walked up the stairs before realising I had to biggest grin on my face. What? He was good company, I admit but it was a dangerous feeling, one that I hadn't felt in so, so long. But it felt good and even I knew that this was only the start.

------------------------------------------------