Chapter three: First Mission

The danger gets me high
Can't help myself
Got secrets I can't tell

Sam Tinnesz - Play with Fire

After the night of thoughts, Drew was completely understood, that this group was more serious than previous one, and with his character it would be a lil bit hard but he would manage it.

The next day

The day after, he made his way to the gang's headquarters - a large, impressive building, looking more like a rich industrial warehouse from the outside. Inside, the air was filled with the air of hard-earned success, and the walls were covered in artwork of the Marigold Gang's many criminal endeavours...
The interior of the gang's HQ was decorated with expensive, yet criminal, style. With the gang's insignia plastered on every wall. The Marigold Gang meant business, and they certainly proved it as he set foot into their headquarters. After Drew entered the HQ, he saw Mordecai in the hall sitting at the table and reading his newspaper and decided to talk with him.
"Good morning Mordecai, how are you?"

Mordecai turned, looking up from the newspaper he had been reading, and greeted him with a warm smile.
"Good morning... How are you feeling about your first day?"

"I'm feeling excited about my first day, this is whole new feeling to be here!" Said Drew excitedly.

Suddenly, Serafine appeared to them with smile.
"Hey Mordecai," she looked at newbie with curiosity, "is this the new guy who joined us?"

Mordecai looked at her and nodded.
"Yes, this is him. Well, I tested him and he took a long talk with Don. He got accepted."

Serafine checked newbie with her eyes, she looked closely to Drew.
"Serafine. And you?"

Drew came closer to Serafine and reached his hand for handshake.
"I'm Drew, nice to meet you."

He said and they did the handshake. She looked at him again and nodded.
"Well, I hope you won't disappoint us with your skills."

Drew took a thought about it and fixed his hat.
"I won't disappoint y'all." He said and turned to Mordecai to talk while Serafine was standing near him. "By the way, I saw you're reading the newspaper, can you tell me what happened recently?"
He took a seat opposite of Mordecai.

Mordecai looked down at the paper in his hand again, before taking a deep breath, and glancing back up at him with a grim expression.
"They just reported that a large train robbery in the western part of town last night. It was one of the worst train robberies on records. It looks like the gang that hit it went in full force, and were really violent about it too. They shot and killed half of the train crew and security before they took off, and managed to make the biggest, meanest heist in our history."
He put the newspaper on table.

Serafine added to Mordecai.
"Their mission was fun, but they did it unprofessionally."

Drew listened curiously.
"This sounds bad, they were really mean to make such a silly heist..." Said Drew with judgement.

Mordecai, without realising it, made the eye contact with him longer than usual, that look wasn't cold or indifferently, it was more eager and curious. He cleared his throat and said.
"I know... I mean... They managed to get an entire big train wagon full of gold, worth millions. The gang's already gone though. If it was our work, they could've taken their big score and escaped into the city easily. I guess it wasn't us this time, but whoever it was, they're dangerous, that's for sure." He said, letting out a deep sigh. "The next big job we do should probably be to hit them back."