Chapter thirteen: Friend of Foe

When the melody ends
I will be waiting here for you
My wildest wind
Come blow into my room

IAMX - Wildest Wind

Straight highway, there weren't any other routes. The trio were driving to these coordinates, every new mile had something weird. Empty field, rarely they could see an abandoned houses. Drew was driving and he saw how clouds were more grey than before and they covered the sky. From everything around, he got shivers.

"Liam, are you sure that we're on the right way?" Drew asked, he sounded a bit nervous.

Liam was at the backseat.
"I'm at one hundred percent sure that this is the right place." Liam answered, he then looked through the window. "I understand why you're asking."

"And why?"

"I would ask the same if I were on the driver's seat." He said as he grinned mysteriously.

Mordecai was right beside him, he then looked at Drew and saw how he was concentrated and at the same time stunned.
"What do you think?" He asked curiously.

"If this is the place where we need to go, then I have some suspicious thoughts about it."

Mordecai just nodded and mumbled something as agreement. They supposed to be full of eager and curious about the possible treasure, but something wasn't right.

Soon and the trio reached their destination. The countryside. They left the car, Drew picked the drink container from the trunk to hide beverages if they would find them, they were prepared for all. Countryside looked abandoned, they had feeling that no one was living here. They were walking through this place, silence was so loud that they could hear only their footsteps and the whistling of the cold wind, it was blowing them. Beside the route where they walked, there were houses and, old bar? Mordecai instanstly got interested.
"Let's go there, maybe we'll find something there." He said to Drew.

"Alright." Drew replied.

They entered it, a lot of web were on ceiling and not only on it.
"Drew, I'm feeling... Uncomfortable." Said Mordecai.

Drew then turned to him, he grabbed gently his elbow and said right in his eyes.
"You're with me. Everything is gonna be fine."

Mordecai smiled slightly.
"I trust you, and please, be beside me."

"Fine."

They began to stroll through this bar, they looked at the bar counter and checked if there were any beverages.

"Wait a second." Drew said and put the container on the bar counter. He then entered behind the counter, he squatted down and saw a lot of beverages under it. "Mordecai, we have found a lot of, I'm listing, liquor, whiskey, wine and even beer."

"Are you serious?" He asked, he didn't believe that.

"Completely." Drew answered and picked all of these bottles and put them on the bar counter. "See?"

"I'm impressed, so is that a reward that we have needed to find here?"

"I don't know but it's already a good loot. Let's carry this to our car."

"Yes." Mordecai replied, he then glanced around. "Have you seen Liam?"

His smile faded.
"No... Has he disappeared?"

"I don't like this to be honest. Well, I guess Liam is just infantile again and minding his own business as usual."

Drew raised his eyebrow.
"So that's why you were hesitating for picking him." He then sighed and was putting the beverages into the container. "Well, sometimes I can be a bit infantile too."