𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2: " 𝘐'𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨..."

As Langa grabbed a wooden bucket by the gate, he looked beyond it. The gate would lead to town. Maybe after his shift, he could try asking someone for skateboarding lessons. It appeared to be the same thing as snowboarding, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Snowboarding wasn't the same without-

Langa shook off his thoughts. He never liked thinking about starting up snowboarding again.

Maybe skateboarding can distract me.
Langa thought.

Langa started walking away from the gate when he tripped onto something and fell to the gravel floor. The gravel felt a little rough against his skin, but it didn't hurt when he fell, but whatever he tripped on definitely hit his foot hard. He looked behind him to see it was a long, thin piece of light wood. Langa came up with a idea right then and there, so he stood up, picked up the wood and started walking to the well. His foot was fine after he walked on it for a little while. He passed some servants on the way to the well, all telling him Adam's orders for next week.

That is quite a lot of work to do in the course of a week. I guess if it's for money, I can't complain.

He finally reached the well.

He passed by the well while he was given a tour of the castle for the first time. He looked down into the well to see his reflection starring back at him. He sighed, looking at himself.
He was thinking about how to adapt here. He felt a little like a polar bear in a vast desert. He didn't hate it here, but it was all new and different. Oh so, so different. He moved here because it was his mothers childhood home, and she wanted to do something different. He leaned the piece of wood against the well and started looking around it. It was dirty some places, but it wasn't too bad.
The sun was quite bright that day too, Langa wished he had brought a snack or something.

The rag on the bottom of the bucket, he took out and started tying the bucket to the string of the well. He lowered the bucket and saw it was starting to fill with water. He pulled the full bucket and put it on the gravel floor. Taking the rag, he dipped it in water and looked for all the dirty spots on the well.

After a while, he finished up and took the wood he tripped on and laid it on the ground. He started standing on it. Balancing himself, he imagined he was on a skateboard, cruising on a road (that wasn't made of gravel). He tried imagining the feeling of the wind rushing past him, as he tried to keep balance.

He then remembered what his mother told him about what a well could do.

"You know Langa... when you see a well, make sure to wish in it. That way, your wish can become a reality. Make it a good one too. Something that would make you happy."
That was told to him as a 7 year old. But there weren't any well's in Canada as far as he knew.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

He looked around just incase someone was walking by, but no one was there. He breathed out, then cleared his throat.

"Um, wishing well? I, um-"
He put his hand to his forehead, realizing how stupid this is.
Try again, but this time, don't be awkward about it.

He got close to the well, closing his eyes, trying to come up with the sentence he was looking for. He clasped his hands together and started saying:
"Wishing well, if you could, get someone to teach me how to skateboard. It's a little weird I know, but I want to just forget all about snowboarding and start something new."

...

"Please."

...

"Pretty please."

He opened his eyes.

He looked around again, making sure no one was looking at him.

Perfect. No one saw-

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A voice cried out in the woods. Langa looked towards the woods on his right, making sure he wasn't hearing things.

He thought about running to see if the what the noise was. And as if he were a classified olympic runner, he ran towards the woods. Something about that scream made it seem something exciting was happening. And he wanted to be part of it.

/-/-/-/-/———/-/-/———-/-/-/———/-/-/——-

The road started to turn from a gravel path to a concrete one.

"AW SHUT YOUR TRAP KID! Your arm looks fine."

A deep and raspy voice was yelling. It sounded a little farther away than Langa had anticipated. He decided to take a shortcut through some trees and bushes.
As Langa kept on running, he heard laughing getting closer. A piece of moss hanging off of a branch hit him in the face. It hurt, but he didn't stop. He continued to run towards the laughing. Twigs and leaves started sticking onto his clothes. But as long as he could here something, anything, he was going to keep going.
His heart was racing, trying to step over big branches and shrubs, while keeping a continuous pace.
Finally, he could see some light and that's when he pushed through the biggest bush that came to pass.
He was out in the open.

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!"

He heard multiple screams and the sound rolling wheels. Wind passing by him quickly, but didn't knock him off balance.

"WAIT WHERE ARE YOU IDIOTS GOING?!"
It sounded like the deep and raspy voice that he heard yelling at something. Or someone. It was coming from the left of him.

He then heard wheels rolling away and pass him.

"WE'LL SETTLE THIS LATER KID!"
The wheels grew fainter. And there was complete silence.
Since it was silent, Langa thought no one was there anymore. All that running... for nothing.
Langa started brushing off the moss and leaves on his hair and body.

"WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT STAY BACK!!"
A voice yelled at Langa.
Langa still had some moss atop his head. But he immediately stopped and put his hands down, wondering what was about to happen next.

"Sorry."
He stopped and waited for the voice to tell him it was okay to move. But after a couple of minutes, Langa wondered if the person was still there.

So, um... can I take off the moss on my head?"

"Wait, so your not a monster?"
The voice sounded confused and a little high pitched.

"Well yeah."
Langa replied.

"Well... go on ahead. But DON'T hurt me."

"I just said I wasn't a monster though. But... sure."

He took his hands and kept on brushing the moss off his head. Taking off the final piece, his vision was clear.

And he saw a boy his age with red hair, crossing his arms holding his right arm with his left hand. He had a shocked expression on his face.

And little did Langa knew, his wish had come true.
He had finally gotten a mentor... and a friend.