𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3: 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

The two boys stared at each other for quite some time.
Suddenly, the red haired boy had a big grin on his face and exclaimed:

"DUDE THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!"

"...Huh?"
Langa was confused at the sudden change of tone from the red head.

"LIKE, YOU CAME OUT OF THE BUSHES, AND-AND SCARED THEM AWAY! THAT WAS SO COOL MAN!"

Langa didn't want to tell him that he intended to scare them away, so he stood silent and waited from the red head to calm down.

"Okay but real talk, who are you man?
The red head bashfully laughed.

The red head begun to circle around Langa.

Gotta be honest, never seen a animal that can talk the human language."
The red head giggled at his own joke giving the blue hair boy a smug look, while Langa did not look amused.

"I'm Langa Hasegawa. And I heard someone yelling. Was that you?"

"Oh yeah, that was me."The red head lifted him left arm and scratched the back of his head, but winced.

"Crap."
The red head whispered under his breath.

"What's wrong with your arm?"
Langa asked.

"Oh, just some guys had beef with me and decided to skate-"

"The red heads eyes widened and looked around frantically.

"MY SKATEBOARD! WHERE DID IT GO?!"

The red head stared at Langa.

"WELL DON'T JUST STAND AND STARE! HELP ME OUT."

"Why is it my problem that you-"

Langa stopped himself.

This guy probably knows how to skateboard. I wonder if he could teach me.

"Yo, your starring off into space. What were you saying?"

"I'll help!"
Langa quickly said. He immediately started looking around in shrubs and bushes.

As Langa approached a shrub, the red head looked in the shrub next to him.

"So um thanks dude. I'm Reki by the way. Reki Kyan."

DA BOI(On Pinterest)

DA BOI
(On Pinterest)

Reki grinned at Langa, but saw he was busy looking in the shrub.

Langa walked off to look in another shrub, and saw something sticking out of it. He walked over to the shrub and pulled out-

"MY SKATEBOARD!"
Reki exclaimed and ran over to Langa.

"Wait."

Reki stopped in front of him, confused.

"You have to teach me how to skate."
Langa extended the skateboard to Reki, hopeful that he would say yes.

"Well... you did scare Shadow and his gang off. AND you found my skateboard. Hmmm..."

Langa waited in anticipation. Was this it?

Reki smiled.
"You know what?"
He extended his right hand to Langa.
"Let's shake on it."

"Why would we shake on it?"

"Its because it's cool!"

Langa was muddled, but extended his hand to Reki.

Immediately, Reki moved his left hand in all sorts of motion and Langa's hand was just standing still (He was trying to make a handshake). After a couple of seconds, Reki stopped and squinted his eyes at Langa.

"Yeah, we have a lot of work to do."
Reki tried whispering to himself, but Langa heard everything.

"So, who's Shadow?"
Langa remembered Reki brought him up.

"He's like this guy in his 40s, trying to act like he's a total boss or something. But in truth, he just sucks, and his punishment for the loser is to burn their skateboard."

"What's with the crown. Are you supposed to be someone important?"

"I mean, if you count winner of the 10th grade crafting class, I'm pretty important."

"Why do you wear it?"

"Because... um it's shiny...? I really don't know man."

"It looks cool."

Reki was baffled and felt heat rush to his face. For the first time, someone actually told him he looked "cool."
Most people would make fun of his crown.

"C-c-cool cool cool very cool."
Reki stuttered.
Langa stared calmly at Reki, wondering what was supposed to happen next.
The boys stared at each other, silently waiting for something to happen.

"Umm enough about me, what about you?"
Reki pointed to Langa.

"I clean around the Shinodo's estate. It's usually indoor floors or outside. I sometimes cook as well if-"

"WOAH DUDE!"
With wide eyes, Reki covered Langa's mouth with his left hand and leaned over to Langa's ear.

"Wait so like, your not making this up?"

"No I'm not. And why are we whispering?"

"... I don't know. Is he cool like the stories say?"

"I haven't really talked too much with him, so no..?"

Reki moved away from Langas ear.

"HE IS A SKATEBOARDING LEGEND! I MEAN- ITS BEEN MY DREAM TO BE TAUGHT HIS SKATEBOARDING WAYS!"

Reki lowered his voice.
"Even though there's rumors of him... you know..."

"...Should I know?"

Suddenly, a tiny, black drone flew over Reki and Langa. It held a piece of paper and dropped it atop Reki's head.

"HEY!"
Reki took the paper and tried to throw it back at the drone, but failed.
The drone flew away leaving the boys.

The paper was left on the ground. Langa picked it up. It appeared to be a letter.

"Who just drives their drone into the woods to drop of paper?"
Reki asked Langa, but Langa was too busy reading the letter.
It seems it was supposed to be written to him:

Dear Langa Hasegawa,

We have noticed you have left the Shinodo Mansion vicinity. If you don't come back in the next 15 minutes, we will have to temporarily suspend you of your job for one week, and you will not acquire your paycheck for the week. Again, please tell another member you are leaving before you run off. Another thing, Mr, Shinodo would like to see you. With great sincerity,
- Three Crows

Shoot! How long was I gone?! I've got to get back!

Langa started to run, but Reki held his arm.

"Wait, dude if you wanna learn how to skateboard, you gotta have my number first."

"Oh right, sorry. I just gotta get back to my job fast."

Langa fumbled with his phone and gave it to Reki.

"...CAN YOU TYPE ANY SLOWER?!"
"CHILL, I'M TRYING!"
Reki shoved Langa's phone back to him and Langa ran as fast as he could to the Shinodo's estate.

"I'll be free this weekend!"
Reki shouted at him.

"OKAY!"
Langa yelled, not slowing down.

As Langa ran away, Reki realized he couldn't stop smiling. He blushed at the though of someone else acknowledging him and his talents. And as he skated back to the village, the heat on his face never let up.