7

I was left in the cell until nightfall. I was laying down on the hard wooden bed with no blankets and the cold had begun to creep into my bones. My limbs shivered and my chest felt frozen every breath was an effort. The guards stood in my cell now and banged their swords against the bars.  "Wake up traitor the King wishes to speak to you," one said as the other opened the door for me. They slapped hard iron shackles onto my wrists, attempting to bruise my pale skin, I gritted my teeth and didn't make a sound.  They dragged me up the slippery stone steps and kept tugging on the shackles until we made it to the throne room, I was forced to kneel and after a few moments of deafening silence, King Llane made his appearance. 

"It's good to see you Leah," he said and crouched in front of me. I kept silent and didn't even look him in the eye. 

"Your King is addressing you," Anduin said. 

"A King who abandoned me," I spat. Llane sighed and walked back to sit on his throne, he collapsed into his seat and rested his arms on the lion's paws and stared over at me. 

"We weren't even aware that you were still alive," he said. 

"You should have looked harder instead of abandoning me," I replied and looked over at the stained glass window above the moat. While Anduin and Llane talked amongst themselves I pushed myself up off the ground and kicked the guard's legs out from under them and ran for the window which shattered the shards and I tumbled into the water, a few shards stuck into my skin. The water was freezing and it made my whole body ache, I tried to break free from the shackles but to no avail they stayed locked onto my wrists, I made it to the shore. Now I could hear the bells tolling. 

I ran as fast as I could into the forest attempting to keep to the shadows, I managed to avoid bandits and the guards horses. I made it back to the camp in no time, I forced myself to keep going until I reached Durotans tent where I collapsed through the animal hide and landed at his feet, he looked very confused and looked around at all his fellow orcs. "You escaped!" he exclaimed. I nodded as I tried to catch my breath. 

"Did you tell them anything?" Orgrim asked, I shook my head and continued to shiver. Durotan picked me up gently and rested me against his chest and wrapped his arms around me.  

"She would never betray us," he said.   

"I will not become what the rest of the horde believe me to be," I replied as the shivers began to cease. Durotan began to pick out the glass that littered my flesh, they were only shallow wounds and bled for a few moments before stopping. 

"You possess bravery!" Groira exclaimed as she came bursting into the tent to greet me, Durotan sat me back down on to the ground and she wasted no time wrapping me in a tight hug. 

Honourजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें