10

"Release her!" Durotan demanded, as an elderly orc had me up against the wall with his hand wrapped around my throat. I tried to fight him off, but the harder he squeezed, the more he tried to cut my airways off. 

"Why did you have to bring this runt in?" the elderly orc growled, squeezing harder. I was sure my trachea was about to collapse under the force. Suddenly, I was dropped as Durotan took him out. I hit the floor gasping for breath and wheezing. The air couldn't have gotten into my lungs any quicker. The dust from the ground kicked up as they fought like two wild animals. Groira grabbed me and pulled me out of the way before the pair could crush me. We run to the side and huffs.

"Must they always act like animals?" she asks. I giggle at her remark we keep still and keep out of the way as both orcs beat each other brutally.  It takes one of the elders to approach them and to split the fight up.

"Brothers do not fight brothers," he says and keeps them both at an arms length. The other orc grunts and tries to take a swing at Durotan. "I said stop!" the elder barks at him again. "It is not honourable to fight amongst ourselves."

"What's not honourable is bringing this pink skin into the horde!" the orc snorts.

"You would have just let her die then?" Durotan asks. The other orc nods. "You do not possess a heart!"

"I don't need one, I am not as soft as you," he spits. "My heart belongs to the wars and battles we fight!" he roars and lifts his sword into the sky. His roar was answered by the rest of the clans that crowded around them.
'You have always been weak Durotan, and you always will be!"

"No I am not!" he growls. "I just look after everyone around me. I know when to be gentle and I don't see this pink skin as a threat, I see her as one of us," Durotan says.

"That's the difference between you and I," the orc says.

"You take any weakling into your clan!" he growls.

"Strength is not always important, what's in the heart is!" I speak up now.

"Pfft! That's why your army and King abandoned you to the orcs," the other orc answers.
'They carried no love in their hearts for you. You were a weakling to your own kind, and you're a weakling amongst us!"   

"That is enough!" Durotan barks, "don't make me put you in your place!"

"That is enough! Fighting is not going to get to us anywhere, and I refuse to sit by and watch you two beat each other!" the older orc says. "I've seen too much blood shed in my time over the pink skins and I do not wish to see it all again." Everyone looks at the older orc knowing he was right.

"We're never going to have peace at this rate," I said looking around at the clan.