33~ Job Well Done

Jet Lasix.

That's his name. He is tall, the same height as Noah. With rich black hair and blue eyes darker than mine. He's bukly but not nearly as muscular as Noah. He has a wide smile, sly and cocky. He shoots for what he wants. He'll kill for it. And he has no trouble doing so. Especially for someone like his new fellow assassin...

~

The man came for us. Just like the letter said. To say Noah and I weren't ready was an understatement. We spent the last few days completely devoting ourselves to figure out what we wanted to do. We had barely come to an agreement. But we had agreed.

We were going to do this. And I feel bad for my younger self. I cant imagine having a conversation with myself from years ago.

What's the life story? Oh well mom died and dad beat us and then we found Luke but oh he died too. Then dad tried to kill us but we killed him first, whoopsies.... oh and then we met Noah but he's kind of a killer and we've almost died many, many times but now we have a dog and are about to have an assassination job so yeah that's the turn our life has taken...

It makes me wonder where I went wrong in life...

~3 months later~

The outfit is tight. Tight skirt, tight long sleeved shirt, both black. Spy fit. That's what I call it.

It's so numbing doing what we do. Kill the bad. But wouldn't that make us the bad? Noah doesn't believe it matters. But sometimes it keeps me up at night. It feels like it's burning the person I used to be. Then again it seems I can't remember who I was.

I stare at myself in the full length mirror and take a deep breath in, sucking in my gut. I've lost weight since becoming apart of the SKA. Noah's noticed but he doesn't talk to me about it. He's been more distant to me than ever before. But I'm too lost in my own head to talk to him about it.

It makes me question if we're drifting apart....

I remember getting the letter inviting us to the SKA. How detailed and open it was to us. As if a friendly offer. I remember the word directed for me.

Cassidy Rose. Dear you are a special one! Noah has always worked alone really and to see you everywhere he goes is quite a surprise. Apparently you've had a younger sister too. Died of drowning... what a shame. But we've seen you've become quite a killer.

Its true. Killing is so natural for me when it shouldn't be. Killing the living is never easy. But I do it and I do it well.

I shake my head and exit the room. Noah and I have a mission tonight. It's simple according to our boss. A man named Danny Flesco. A political old fart who tried to put poison in his contesters food when he invited him over for dinner. The victims wife had put in for a hitman to get rid of the problem.

This job is easy that Noah or I could do it alone but the boss knows we work under comfort together.

I walk down the hall, my footsteps echoing off the walls. I turn the corner and run into someone. Jet.

We met Jet when we had first come to work for the SKA. He was similar to William in the fact that he had a heavy accent (Australian) and dark black hair. His eyes were sharp and his wit quick. But he was a player who loved a good game.

"Sorry Cassy" he grins at me. I scoff at his stupid little nickname. "It's Agent Rose to you" I snap.

Jet opens his mouth to say something when I feel a presence behind me. I look slightly behind me and see my man. Noah. He's brooding and glaring at Jet with a bitter hatred. His arms are folded across his chest and he is stiff, holding himself to be slightly taller than Jet.

"Problem Lasix?"

Jet glowers and rolls his eyes. "Not at all Agent Tuck" he brushes off his shirt and walks past us. I breathe a sigh of relief and turn to Noah with a small smile.

"Hey there ba-" he cuts me off harshly. "Why were you talking to him?" He demands.

I put my hands on my hips and glare up at my moody partner. "Because he ran into me" I state.

Noah scoffs and grabs my arm, pushing me against the nearby wall. I gulp and close my eyes when he leans down to my face.

"Just remember that I will kill a man who thinks he can play with a already bought toy" he growls into my ear.

I shiver and sigh happily. "I'm not some toy" I say, my eyes still closed. I feel his fingertips brush along my thigh, slowly creeping up my legs and under my skirt.

"Oh darling" he breathes. "Noah" I gasp, lifting my hips off the wall to connect his hand closer.

"Agent Rose, Agent Tuck"

My eyes open wide and Noah steps away, clearing his throat. He hasn't touched me like that in a long time and damn it reminded me of how much I crave him.

"Boss" I greet.

He smiles warmly at me and chuckles slightly. "Please, keep the... intimacy at home" he flushes slightly and nods.

"Yes sir" I choke out. Noah stays silent and keeps a wide eye on the boss.

No one knows his real name. He's just boss to everyone. Boss is slightly... round... for working the job he does. And he's actually quite friendly. Balding light brown hair with an impressive beard more in thickness than length. He's very kind and open to all his workers and clients. Never have I heard him raise his voice to anyone.

"Great" he claps his hands together and smiles wider. "Ready for your assignment?"

~

Noah and I walk side by side down the hospital bridge. Politician Denny? Or was it Danny? (Doesn't matter) is just down the hall making a big show of "vote for me I'll fund this god-forsaken place" to the public.

Our job is to drag him into an office and pretend to make a offer for him with some poison and coffee. No big deal.

Noah grabs my wrist unexpectedly and stops me. I grunt and almost trip but he tugs me close to him.

"Hey I love you" He says. I stop confused and cock my head at him. "Are you planning something?" I ask suspiciously. He chuckles and kisses my temple.

"No sweetheart I just miss you" He says. My legs shake and I wrap my arms around his torso. "I love you very much Noah" I sigh.

"We should take Friday off... relax... have some fun before our big assignment" he murmers, brushing his hand down my neck, giving me goosebumps.

I frown at the mention of our big assignment. No one wants to do it. But it has to be done.

"I can show you how much I've missed you... your body... your noises..."

I blush deeply and shove Noah gently away. "We are at work!" I protest. He grins down at me. "All the more reason to make you squirm under my words"

I shoulder him and laugh lightly. "Let's go super spy. We get this done quickly we can go home and you can tell me all about our weekend in the shower" I promise.

Noah likes the sound of that and grabs my hand, rushing me towards our target.