Main four angst/fluff- bullies

No ship, boys are 12

CW/TW- bullying, physical harm, near death, swearing, guns

The three sat in class chatting softly when Eric came into the room. Kyle glanced at him and stopped mid sentence.
"The hell happened to you?" He asked.
"Nothing," Eric mumbled. He looked away, hiding in his arms on the desk.

The boys shared a look of confusion and mild concern but didn't push, continuing to talk.

But when class ended, they all knew something was off. Eric didn't move until they did. And as they walked, he kept close. He didn't say a word, but was almost glued to Kenny.

"Dude what happened? What's wrong with you," Kyle demanded.
"I don't want to talk about it," Eric said quietly.

The whole day Eric was weird. He was quiet, he didn't crack any jokes, and never left any of their sides.

And when they got off the bus, he asked them to walk him home. Stan just rolled his eyes and left, while Kenny chuckled and shook his head before walking to his house.
"Please Kyle..?" Eric asked quietly.
"Can't, I gotta get home," Kyle shrugged as he left.

And the next day was the same. He was silent, close to them and after school begged to be walked home.

This happened every day for a week. And each day he came to school with a different issues. One day was a black eye, another a cast on his nose, and another he had bandages on his knees elbows and hands.

Then suddenly he wasn't even coming. He stopped coming to school entirely. For almost a week, he wasn't coming.

Finally they went to his house.

"Oh, hello boys," Mrs. Cartman greeted softly.
"Is Cartman here?" Stan asked.
"Yes...he's up in his room," she stepped aside and let them in.

The boys went to Eric's room and found him in his bed with Clyde Frog. He was curled up, staring off into space.

"Cartman what the hells going on with you?" Kyle asked firmly.
"Oh..hey dudes," Eric said with a small smile. "What's up?"
"Why aren't you coming to school?" Kenny asked, more gentle then Kyle.
"Don't worry about it," Eric said with a small shrug.

"You've been weird for weeks and now you're not even showing up. Somethings going on and we want to know what," Stan said. The three sat on his bed and just waited for him to talk.

Eric finally let out a breath and told them everything.

"A few weeks back...some kids started following me home," he said quietly. "At first they just followed and would watch my house. But as the days went on they were getting closer to me. And then...they started attacking me. One day they did it a little too close to the house and my mom saw. She ran out with a bat and screamed at them. She said I wasn't going back to school until those kids were gone,"

"Jesus dude...is that why you were asking us to walk you home?" Kyle asked, suddenly feeling like a complete asshole. Eric just nodded.
"They go to our school. Apparently when we were younger I was mean to one of their brothers or something...and they decided now was when heh wanted revenge,"

"We're so sorry we didn't help you out sooner," Stan said. Kyle and Kenny nodded. Eric just smiled softly.
"It's ok. It's not like I told you what was going on," he chuckled weakly.

"Would you be able to come back to school if we made sure you were safe?" Kenny asked. Eric just shrugged.

"Moom?" He called.
"Yes hun?" Mrs. Cartman poked her head into the room.
"If the guys promise to keep me safe, can I go back to school?"